IT Technician - Academy in Central London SE1 - £20,164
City of London Academy (Southwark)
1st Line Support Technician
Starting salary: £20,164
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
We are seeking to appoint an IT technician to join our ICT support team as soon as possible.
Working as part of the ICT support team, you will provide 1st line support to staff and students, ensuring that all users are able to utilise the academy’s ICT network, facilities and infrastructure to its full potential.
The successful candidate will
- Hold a recognised computer or network qualification at NVQ level 1 or have equivalent experience
- Be a confident user of a range of hardware, operating systems and desktop applications
- Have the ability to identify and meet the needs of users in order to deliver a high-quality service
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible and have a positive and helpful attitude towards work and colleagues
Rated by Ofsted as a ‘good school with outstanding features’, we have very high expectations of all staff and students. This is a unique opportunity to take part in our journey to ‘outstanding’ and influence the future of our students and make an impact on the diverse community we serve.
- An opportunity to join one of the fastest improving schools in the country
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community school where students and staff feel valued and supported
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday, 15th July 2014
Interviews: Thursday, 17th July 2014
To apply, candidates must complete our Academy application form which is available from our website The City of London Academy - Home.
All applications must be made on the Academy application form. CVs will not be accepted. On your application form please ensure that you fully complete the personal statement, referencing the items identified on the person specification. Completed applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.