IT Technician - South East London - £19,938 - £21,412 pa
£19,938 - £21,412 pa
Bring your IT Technician skills to our successful South East London College.
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation is a flourishing family of three all-through 3-18 academies: Crayford Academy, Hatcham College and Knights Academy. Having earned a reputation for innovation and for our commitment to unlocking the potential of every pupil at every stage in their education, we are preparing to embark on the next phase of our development.
A specialist Music and ICT Academy, Hatcham College is the Lead School in the Federation (rated Outstanding, Ofsted Jan 14), and aims to deliver a balanced, challenging curriculum through innovative, personalised learning and specialised teaching.
As a specialist Music/ICT Academy, we put IT at the heart of learning - it is also fundamental to the running and management of the school. Supporting the Federation’s Senior IT Support Supervisor, you will have the vital responsibility of ensuring IT services are delivered reliably and safely for both staff and students.
This will involve working on our centralised Federation helpdesk to resolve requests with minimal disruption while escalating bigger issues – we want you to carry out regular checks as well as overseeing the work of our external contractor on site.
You will also support the use of IT in the classroom and at various school events such as assemblies, parent evenings, and concerts. We’re also keen to embrace new technologies and approaches, while ensuring existing systems remain dependable. So, you will have the chance to contribute to systems development, technology working groups and hardware and software related projects.
· Experience in managing Windows Computers and maintaining printers and other peripherals.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and both wired and wireless networking.
· Knowledge of AV Systems and the ability to work at height.
· Good organisational and communication skills, a calm manner, a flexible approach and a logical approach to problem solving.
Experience of any of the below is an advantage:
· RM CC4/ VMware vSphere 4/5 / 3Com and HP Switching Products / Aerohive Wireless Networking / EMC and HP SAN Technologies / Sims / Apple Mac OSX Serverand Workstation / Supportworks Helpdesk Software / Microsoft Exchange / HP and Dell Severs / HP Workstations and Laptops / WAN Technologies / MicrosoftInstaller Packages / Avaya ACM IP Telephony / Salto Access Control / IP CCTV
For an application pack, please visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Closing date: 19th June 2014.