Assistant Network Manager - Welling School
Post Title: Assistant Network Manager
School: Welling School, Elsa Road, Welling, Kent DA16 1LB
Hours/Per Week: 37 & Weeks per year: 52
Grade: NJC Scale 6 Point 25 -26 (£23,511 - £25,710 pa)
Post Start Date: Immediate & Closing Date for Applications: Friday 10th January 2014 (12pm)
Welling school is a vibrant 11-18, mixed, Specialist Visual Arts College. It is committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential.
For further information about the school please visit the school website: Welcome to Welling School - Welling School
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are looking for someone who will keep up to date with the latest technology, applying them appropriately whilst improving teaching and learning. The successful applicant will ensure a high standard of technical support to all users of the academies networks, working collaboratively with The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) to ensure the academies remain aligned with the ICT strategy. See below.
Application forms are available from Welling School’s website, Welcome to Welling School - Welling School
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview.Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
- Main job purpose:
- Installation and maintenance of ICT networks and all associated equipment and software.
- To deputise for the ICT Area Network Manager (IANM) in his absence.
- To install and maintain ICT infrastructures.
- To manage identified Areas of Responsibility, as agreed through the IANM, for example printer management.
- Analyse delivery notes and invoices from suppliers to ensure discrepancies are identified, followed up and that we are achieving Best Value.
- To provide strategic support and drive the technological development of the ICT network together with the IANM and the school leadership.
- To identify and correct problems with the ICT network infrastructure, including switches, hubs, routers and cabling.
- To maintain internet, e-mail, filtering and security systems.
- To give advice to colleagues on the use of the ICT networks including the use of the internal ICT issue reporting portal (TKAT QUIC).
- To perform day-to-day server management and maintenance tasks.
- Manage the school’s back-up solution, ensuring successful back-ups are taken nightly and provide reports back where necessary.
- Manage the school’s anti-virus solution, ensuring we are protected against the latest threats. To also provide weekly reports to the IANM and other relevant people, displaying threats, work station definition dates and scan results.
- To install and maintain software.
- To refer and escalate any management issues to the IANM and/or the School Business Manager.
- To take advice and work closely with the ICT section of The Kemnal Academies Trust for both operational and strategic issues.
- To carry out special project work as directed by the IANM, such as ICT hardware replacement.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with School policies and procedures and statutory requirements.
- To deal with internal and external customers as well as suppliers in an efficient and professional way and take a pro-active approach in problem-solving.
· The post holder may from time to time be asked to carry out other duties not listed above.