Senior ICT Technician - Whitgift School, Croydon
We're currently seeking a new team member as the existing incumbent is looking to emigrate early next year. It's going to be a fairly exciting time to join us as we're aiming to move away from using FOG next year and start utilising SCCM 2012R2 - so something to really get your teeth into!
Details are listed below - complete with attached copies of the advert and job description.
If anyone has any queries please don't hesitate to contact me (the boss!).
Whitgift School, Croydon
(HMC 1350 Boys) 10-18 years
SENIOR ICT TECHNICIAN
Full time (40 hours per week)
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000 depending upon experience, with some flexibility for exceptional candidates.
Whitgift School is seeking an enthusiastic, organised and approachable individual to join us as Senior ICT Technician. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the ICT equipment and systems throughout the School.
The post holder will:
- Troubleshoot and maintain all ICT hardware and software.
- Ensure all ICT equipment is installed securely and safely.
- Support staff in using ICT equipment in classroom activities.
- Be responsible for maintaining and building the desktop PC system images and associated documentation.
- Maintain the IT hardware inventory.
- Provide first-line technical support to all end-users.
- Administer the room booking system.
- Install ICT hardware and software as directed by the ICT Manager.
- Ensure anti-virus software is installed on all computers.
- Provide support for the school’s VLE (Its Learning).
- Provide users with training guides and documentation as required.
- Document all working procedures.
For further details please telephone 020 8688 9222 or e-mail SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk. Application forms can be downloaded from our website: Whitgift School | Home.
Closing date: 31 December 2013. Interviews: w/c 13 January 2014.
Please apply by submitting a completed application form and covering letter as soon as possible, by post to the Headmaster, Whitgift School, Haling Park, South Croydon, Surrey CR2 6YT or by email to SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk.
Whitgift School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Services.
Further details are attached.
Attachment 21807Attachment 21808
Senior ICT Technician - Whitgift School, Croydon - DEADLINE EXTENDED
Due to a lack of response to the original advert we're extending the deadline to the 31st January 2014 with a view to interviewing during the w/c 17th February.
Please contact me if you have any queries!