IT Support Specialist required for a group of London Independent Schools
Thomasís London Day Schools are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated IT professional to join our growing IT support team. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with excellent IT support experience and good interpersonal skills. The IT Support Specialist will be a key member in the team responsible for providing first line support in one of the schools, as well as performing additional IT administration tasks.
This is an interesting and varied position requiring a candidate who has good time management and can communication well with others. The successful candidate must be organised and able to work well under pressure, as well as possessing the necessary IT skills to provide excellent first line support to teaching and administrative staff.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Windows XP, Windows 7, iOS
- Microsoft Office 2003 onwards and other common desktop applications
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers
- Ability to install 3rd party applications and be conscious of potential difficulties
- Awareness of all mainstream mobile technologies, e.g. Android, Apple, etc., particularly when related to the schoolsí email system
- 1st line support experience
- Have an understanding of the difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
- Ability to fix common IT problems and advise members of staff in the day to day use of printers and multifunction devices, and know when to escalate to 3rd party support when appropriate
Thomas's London Day Schools is a group of leading preparatory schools in London. The schools are self-supporting, independent day schools for girls and boys, offering education to 1,950 pupils between the ages of two and a half and thirteen within central London.
We are looking to develop and extend our reliance on IT in order to exceed the expectations of pupils, staff and parents and ultimately excel in the embedding of ICT throughout the schools. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to play a key role in the future of IT at Thomas's London Day Schools.
For further details and to receive an application pack, please email: email@example.com
For an informal conversation please contact:
Taryn Hauritz, Director of Learning Technologies on 07875 648157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday 16 October 2013
Interviews will take place in London during the week beginning Monday 21 October 2013
Competitive salary and conditions offered.
Thomasís London Day Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Attachment 20802Attachment 20803