Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
SCP 33-37 (inner London £31,464 to £34,494)
Due to recent promotions in our ICT team, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated self-starter to join the ICT department at Oasis, one of the largest Academy sponsors in the UK.
The Oasis ICT department services our Academies nationwide, providing staff, pupil and external customers support for all aspects of an IT infrastructure, including Networking, Server, Desktop & Laptop Hardware (Tier 1 Products) and Software.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for all aspects of technical operations and service delivery relating to the function of the National Service Desk. The role exists to assist the National Infrastructure Manager to deliver an effective, fit for purpose ICT service to internal and external clients. The purpose of this role is to:
· Lead 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support teams to deliver a high quality, cost effective support service.
- Develop and train the Service Desk team, overseeing projects and managing national IT operations.
- Maintain service delivery and operations within agreed SLA’s focusing on driving down response and fix times.
- Manage and escalate service requests to the National Infrastructure Manager and Regional Service Delivery Managers in order to avoid service breaches,
If you are a good communicator, have experience in a senior IT technical background, have experience in a senior IT role either as a deputy team leader or manager, have a strong knowledge of, or using an IT service desk software package or working to an SLA, are strongly task-driven and are good at multi-tasking then we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a National IT Team which has recently invested ¾ of a million pounds in IT systems. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
• An opportunity to work with new technology e.g. HP Servers, CISCO, MS Cloud Technologies etc
• A final salary pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
• A generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after two years (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced CRB checks.
If you are interested in this position, please visit Oasis Community Learning and complete an application form. This should be returned by 12 Noon on Wednesday 11th September 2013 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place in London on the 18th September 2013.
Please highlight any questions to Rob White, HR Administrator (020 7921 4423). No contacts from Agencies please. Thank you!
Is it not a full time position then?
Employed workers are legally entitled to 28 days holiday a year?
Sorry that was a mistake it has been changed to say plus 8 bank holidays
Thanks that make sense now :)