Vacancy for Systems Administrator - SKipton Girls' High School
We would be interested in hearing from high quality motivated graduates with Linux experience and a relevant degree (e.g. computer science, engineering) with the commitment to learn on the job and with training and mentoring.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the ICT team that supports the growth and development of a high achieving school and will ensure that an effective and reliable IT service is available to all staff and students.
This is a highly successful and popular selective school for girls 11 – 18. As an Academy with STEM specialism, Leading Edge status and a designated Teaching School, we seek a Systems Administrator to take responsibility for the operational management and development of the school’s ICT infrastructure.
School infrastructure overview:
• HP Procurve switch infrastructure
• Meru Wireless infrastructure
• Virtualised Linux server infrastructure (currently KVM) and 700+ Windows clients
Skills and experience profile. (We would support training to fill any skills gaps for the right candidate):
• Linux skills to run KVM, Samba, DHCP, LDAP,SQUID proxy server, FreeRadius, ideally on CentOS or Redhat
• Experience in managed layer 3 switch and WAN technology to maintain high up time for the school network and Internet connection
• Experience in an enterprise wifi technology
• Email/collaboration server experience (preferably Zimbra mail server)
• Microsoft desktop and server skills ( up to date server and desktop environment)
• Experience in SIMS.net
• Experience of cloud technologies
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience. The position is full time but we would consider a more flexible approach for the right candidate. Application forms and information packs are available to download from the school website. The closing date for applications is Friday 7th June. If you wish to discuss this role informally please call John Barker, Business Manager on 01756 707600. Please visit Home | Skipton Girls' High School for further details and an application pack.