London: IT Support Engineer
Purpose of the Job:
To act in the capacity of an IT Support Engineer and to assist in the day-to-day management and operation of the College ICT Systems.
What we are looking for:
We do not expect to find an applicant that knows all and does all. This is a stepping stone, those wanting to progress more into 2nd line support.
A good rounder in multiple core technologies will give you an edge. We are a very easy team to work with, plenty of training provided, need an aptitude to learn and progress. There are potential future growth and specialist areas.
- Applicants must have the appropriate qualifications which in this instance are: a computing/IT degree/MCSE, plus experience.
- Applicants must have sound technical network and IT skills appropriate to the tasks outlined (networks, hardware and software support for users, backup routines, telephone system).
- Applicants must have some experience of technically supporting and managing a large Microsoft network infrastructure.
- Applicants must have some knowledge of configuring and managing Microsoft Windows 2008/12 network operating systems, security systems, implications and standards.
- Applicants have some knowledge of configuring and managing VMWare vSphere 5.
- Applicants have some knowledge of administering Microsoft Exchange 2007/ 2010.
- Applicants have some knowledge of administering / maintaining Cisco Switches or any other networking equipment
- Applicants have a good knowledge of managing backup using Symantec Backup Exec or other third party backup tools.
- Applicants have some knowledge of Microsoft System Configuration Manager.
Full job specs available upon request.
Location: South Clapham
Pay: £21k - £23k
Contact me ASAP with CV, position is available from June 2013.
No agencies please!