4 month temp to perm it technicians role
This role is a starting type position, £82 per day and hopefully will go permanent next Jan at 18K, based in Bromley its to join an IT team supporting clusters of schools. Must be CRB cleared and needed yesterday so the shorter the notice period the better.
Job Title: Installations and Systems Engineer
Accountable to: Team Leader and Technical Manager
Job Purpose: To Provide ICT Support for both Hardware and Software, to provide a high quality standard of service and fulfil the service in accordance to the ict SLA.
1. Maintaining a high level of trust, develop and sustain effective relationships within schools and outside, including head teachers, network managers, admin and teaching staff.
2. Keep in constant communication from start to finish of any ICT Incident in accordance to the SLA.
3. Sustain an effective relationship with the service desk manager and other teams in the company to deal with any overlapping issues.
4. Ensure the team demonstrates the behaviours required of the quality standards for customer care.
1. Liase with schools ICT Coordinator, advising on technical aspects as appropriate whilst building a good relationship with the customers.
2. Share and communicate with other colleges on technical knowledge and information whilst being able to work as part of the team to combine and create a wide area of expertise.
Planning and organising:
1. Keeping administration systems up to date including time sheets, diaries, expense claims and site visit records to deliver complete and clear information.
2. The ability to self manage including forward planning and ensuring all appropriate resources which are required for up and coming jobs and available (for example test equipment, parts and software)
3. Monitoring Emails and correspondents for internal and external sources.
4. The ability to prioritise work to meet customers requirements in the time available
1. Keep abreast of local, regional and national developments in advances in software and hardware issues in reflection to the ict industry and the use of ict in schools
2. Raise awareness across the company in terms of ICT
Operational & Technical:
1. Provide specialist expertise on all matters of ICT Engineering service provision.
2. Deliver the engineering support element in accordance to the ICT SLA and a standard of work in accordance to the SLA.
3. To be aware of castings to schools for services and equipment including parts.
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience of the educational environment
Awareness of customer focused environment
Expense in Microsoft mainstream Operating systems and network solutions
A Good education
A Natural aptitude for IT
The ability to develop knowledge on the job
Continuing Personal Development (CPD):
To Have the willingness to undertake CPD opportunities to keep abreast of developments in the specialise.
Drive and self-Motivation, good communication skills to customers, colleagues and management, the ability to work as part of a team or individually, being able to work in all types of pressure environments. Analytical skills are essential.
Confidentiality, a thirst for knowledge, enjoys working with people, patience and sensitivity and the ability to explain at customer level in a language easy to understand.