ICT Support Technician - Walsall - Part Time
End Date: 17th April 2013
Salary: £22,000 pro rota (£11,000)
Location: Walsall (17.5hrs/week)
Purpose of the role:·To provide day-to-day ICT support for staff and students on a school site.·Liaise with the School staff and the ICT Service Desk to identify, prioritise and resolve all ICT support and service requests.
- This position is a group role and may be required to support other schools/sites as requested by the ICT Support Manager.
- Carry out routine maintenance of all computer hardware and network services to maintain agreed availability.
- Respond to and resolve ICT faults and requests through onsite visits and remote support tools, to achieve agreed service levels.
- Install and configure approved computer hardware and licenced software, following agreed policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventories to ensure legal and financial compliance.
- Manage staff and student user accounts following agreed policies and procedures.
- Monitor server back-ups to ensure system and user data is protected and secure.
- Monitor ICT (physical and network) security and report any risks or incidents to School Head teachers and the ICT Support Manager.
- Maintain site documentation to ensure accuracy of information.
- Any other reasonably requested duties.
Person SpecificationExcellent customer service skills
Project team member skills
Good communication skills, including written and verbal interpersonal skills.
Communicate successfully with people at all levels.
Self-motivation, effective time management and the ability to work unsupervised.
Must be able to use initiative and work under pressure
Ability and willingness to learn new skills and methods.
Have the ability to think creatively and problem solve
Ability to work closely with and help develop the skills of other team members.
Windows Server 2003.
Windows XP Professional/Windows 7.
MS Office 2003/2007.
VMWare ESX Server
Exchange Server 2003.
Active Directory and Group Policy.
DNS/DHCP, LAN/WAN, xDSL, VPN.
Desktop and application troubleshooting.
Server and desktop virtualisation solutions.
Server Backup Technologies
Windows Security and Permissions configuration.
Flexible working, including UK travel to support remote sites / branch offices.
Experience of working in a Service Desk environment (1st or 2nd line support role).
Other requirements:·Full UK Driving Licence·CRB (DBS) check
Please PM me for further details, or if you wish to apply for this position.