ICT Site Leader at Oasis Academy John Williams, Bristol
NJC SCP 27 – 31 (£22,958 – 26,276)
A permanent ICT Site Leader is required at Oasis Academy John Williams, a large secondary school within a national educational charity. You will have a strong technical background, experience of service software packages and working to an SLA. Benefits will include a competitive salary, final salary pension and working with state-of-the-art IT all within a family-friendly environment.
Based within a large secondary school, you will support your team to provide technical advice and solutions for school staff and senior management. You will be reliable, customer-facing, have a pro-active approach and very good technical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, and experience of working in an education environment is desirable, but not critical. Some responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Ensure the smooth running, maintenance and development of ICT systems to facilitate teaching, learning, administration and Leadership in the Academy.
· Identify software, hardware and working practices required to fulfil functional specifications as defined by Academy staff.
· Support other technicians in performing their day to day duties, by providing technical and procedural advice
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a National IT team which has recently invested 3.5 million pounds in IT systems. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation e.g. Microsoft Certified professional , ITIL/Prince2 etc
- An opportunity to work with new technology e.g. HP Servers, CISCO etc
- A final salary pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
- A generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after two years (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
Oasis is part of a global family of charities and is one of the fastest-growing academy sponsors in the UK, as well as the most improved educational provider in 2012. We are committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities we work in and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment by undergoing appropriate checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the Application Form available on the Oasis Community Learning website (http://www.oasiscommunitylearning.org) – sorry no CV’s. This should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please highlight any questions to Yaaba Erzuah, HR Officer (020 7921 4261).
Closing date for applications is: 12pm Tue 5th March 2013
Interviews will take place on Wed 13th March 2013 in Bristol.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529 and is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 1993 and 2006.