Assistant IT Manager for a Family of Independent Schools in London
Assistant IT Manager
Thomas’s London Day Schools are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated IT professional to join our growing IT support team. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with excellent network management experience and interpersonal skills.
The Assistant IT Manager will be a key member of the team, responsible for maintaining the IT systems across eight sites, and working alongside three IT Support Specialists, the IT Administrator and the Senior IT Manager.
Under the direction of the Senior IT Manager, the successful candidate will maintain, support and upgrade the schools’ core infrastructures. They will also manage and support the Tech Desk to enable the support team to carry out tasks effectively and efficiently.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Windows Server 2000 up to 2012
• Active Directory and GPO design & management
• Virtualisation – especially Hyper-V & VMware
• SQL Server
• Understanding and basic use of UNIX server webhosting environments (in relation to VLE & MIS)
• MDaemon Messaging Server & MS Exchange
• Google Apps/Docs/Drive
• Windows XP, 7 & 8
• VoIP, especially 3CX
• LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, Routing, VPN’s, Kerio WinRoute Firewall
• Rack mounted servers / switches / routers / NTUs and other associated hardware
• Structured Cabling systems including Twisted Pair and Fibre and the patching of these systems
• Wireless network setup, management and security
• Scripting e.g. to automate regular tasks and services
• Installation of 3rd party applications, including push installs
• Ability to troubleshoot & repair server & PC hardware
• Awareness of mainstream mobile technologies, including tablets (e.g. iPad, Nexus, etc)
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support experience.
• Experience in supporting and maintaining an asset database
Thomas's London Day Schools is a group of leading preparatory schools in London. The schools are self-supporting, independent day schools for girls and boys, offering education to 1,950 pupils between the ages of two and a half and thirteen within central London.
We are looking to develop and extend our reliance on IT in order to exceed the expectations of pupils, staff and parents and ultimately excel in the embedding of ICT throughout the schools. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to play a key role in the future of IT at Thomas's London Day Schools.
For further details and to receive an application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal conversation please contact:
Tim Yates, Senior IT Manager at email@example.com.
Interviews will take place in early February 2013 in London. Applications close Monday 4th February.
Competitive salary and conditions offered. See documents below for details.
Thomas’s London Day Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.
Attachment 16848 Attachment 16849
Re: Assistant IT Manager for a Family of Independent Schools in London
Pity I am not in London anymore. I'd love this!