Assistant Progress Team Data Leader - Gosport, Hampshire - £11,337
Title: Assistant Progress Team Data Leader (including Timetable and SIMS)
Salary: £11,337 (Actual)
Hours: 25hrs (Term Time)
Organisation: Bay House School
Location: Alverstoke, Gosport, Hampshire
URL: Support Staff Vacancies
JD & PS: http://www.bayhouse.hants.sch.uk/scr...file.php?f=591
App Form: http://www.bayhouse.hants.sch.uk/scr...file.php?f=577
Closing Date: 14 December 2012
We are keen to appoint an individual to our team of colleagues working across a range of areas of school life but particularly focused on the curriculum and raising the achievement of our learners. Known as the Progress Team, this a high performing group comprising of teaching colleagues (Deputy Head, Assistant Heads and other senior teachers) as well as other administrative staff colleagues.
You will be a creative and dynamic individual, able to problem solve and cope well under pressure. This role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop the capacity to lead in some critical areas of school administration.
Through working closely with the Progress Data Leader and Timetable Options Manager, you will be supporting the leadership, development and construction of the School Timetable and the effective use of both our SIMS management system and learner performance data for the whole school.
The principal responsibilities/duties of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. However, they will be linked to the key aspects of the Progress Data Leader and Timetable/Options Manager roles set out below.
1. Preparation and scheduling of the School’s timetable, in liaison with the Deputy Head.
2. Management of all aspects of the following SIMS Modules – SIMS.Net and Nova T6.
3. In liaison with the ICT System Manager to be responsible for the general maintenance of the SIMS software including ensuring all upgrades take place. Manage access rights and security systems in SIMS.
4. Carrying out setting procedures and ensuring the distribution of class lists.
5. Ensuring optimal use of the School’s MIS
6. Ensuring the ongoing development and use of SIMS reporting
7. Management of all aspects of the SIMS Module Assessment Manager
8. Lead in the use of pupil performance data – currently SIMS, Raiseonline, Fischer Family Trust, SISRA and Progress Tracker.
9. Such other duties as may reasonably be allocated within the purview of this post by the Headship Group and Deputy Head.
Previous experience would be desirable, particularly in the management systems and software mentioned above. However, if you are someone who can demonstrate the capacity and willingness to learn then it is not essential.