+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 169
Educational IT Jobs Thread, What salary? in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; 22.5k as a tech in London. I told them in the interview that I wouldn't take the job for any ...
  1. #106

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: What salary?

    22.5k as a tech in London.

    I told them in the interview that I wouldn't take the job for any less.

    Degree / CCNA qualified.

  2. #107
    jamin100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,035
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    21k, ICT tech in a primary school in Birmingham.

    100 ish workstations, 3 w2k3 servers and 500+ users.

    Dont have any certificates but school is currently paying me to do my CCNA

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Loughton
    Posts
    292
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    i'm happy to talk to anyone who feels undervalued and let them know where they might go to earn more cash and develop a career whilst still working within the education sector

    08701 612 007

    don't be a stranger

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    61
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    16.5k after the latest pay thingy
    going up to 17.1k in april

    just self funded my MCP 70-270
    and goint to have to self fund the rest
    oh, hang on

    i am a RM Certified Network Technician, phear me!!!!!

    even though promised MCSE & CCNA training when i took the job

    got 1600+ pupils, 120+ staff, 800+ desktops, 100+ laptops, 10+ servers, some(can't member how many) whiteboards, projectors by the oomphload & its all running on a top notch Cisco LAN/WLAN

    my network manager is 27+k and we've got a temp in till easter on 15k
    then its back to the two of us

    bum

  5. #110

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,644
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 645 Times in 428 Posts
    Rep Power
    498
    25k PA - NO major Quals (an HND but thats it)
    I basically look after anything with a plug attached to it!

  6. #111
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin100 View Post
    21k, ICT tech in a primary school in Birmingham.

    100 ish workstations, 3 w2k3 servers and 500+ users.

    Dont have any certificates but school is currently paying me to do my CCNA
    Is that your title? ICT Tech that is. Kinda surprises me that you managed to get that given that its a primary. Fair play to ya.

  7. #112

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,486
    Thank Post
    1,570
    Thanked 459 Times in 300 Posts
    Rep Power
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin100 View Post
    21k, ICT tech in a primary school in Birmingham.

    100 ish workstations, 3 w2k3 servers and 500+ users.

    Dont have any certificates but school is currently paying me to do my CCNA
    Very similar to myself, but I do have a few extra strings to my bow (Photography etc) which I do above my jobspec at present.
    Roll on Single Status

    Oh yeh and Im NM not Tech.

  8. #113
    jamin100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,035
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Is that your title? ICT Tech that is. Kinda surprises me that you managed to get that given that its a primary. Fair play to ya.
    Yeh my official title is ICT Technician.
    Started here 3 years ago on 18k and have now reached the top of my scale at 21k.

    Although my title is technician i basically do everything. I'm in charge of the whole network from servers, down to printers.

    in fact i think i'm in charge of everything with a plug on it. For some reason the teachers think that just because it has a plug i'll be able to fix it.. i've been asked to fix tv's and all sorts!

    Oh and i have to do ALL the schools photocopying aswell!

  9. #114
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin100 View Post
    Yeh my official title is ICT Technician.
    Started here 3 years ago on 18k and have now reached the top of my scale at 21k.

    Although my title is technician i basically do everything. I'm in charge of the whole network from servers, down to printers.

    in fact i think i'm in charge of everything with a plug on it. For some reason the teachers think that just because it has a plug i'll be able to fix it.. i've been asked to fix tv's and all sorts!

    Oh and i have to do ALL the schools photocopying aswell!
    Yeah its funny how anything electronic somehow falls in our domain... Hows single status affecting you then... i assume they will change your title to NM or something.

  10. #115
    jamin100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,035
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    To be honest i don't know, we havnt been told anything at the moment...

    I saw a document that i should'nt have a few weeks ago and it stated that the ICT technicians salary should be 13k this is obviously a massive cut for me.

    I'm pretty sure my head or the GB wouldnt let this happen but I'll just have to wait and see.

  11. #116

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,486
    Thank Post
    1,570
    Thanked 459 Times in 300 Posts
    Rep Power
    212
    SS trail has gone cold, wonder whats brewing?

  12. #117
    farmerste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    339
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    21

    salary

    you say you saw a document that says that an ict tech should be on just 13k?, was this particular to your school, or was it a government document?

    i think for most people like me who are called 'ICT Techs' it is an insult, as i am a network admin, network manager, and ict tech all in one, plus most of the co-ordinators job too, because they are overworked with teaching tasks. Where do they get such figures from?

    it would be really good to get the email of the person who thinks that shoud be the wage for a technician


  13. #118
    jamin100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,035
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerste View Post
    you say you saw a document that says that an ict tech should be on just 13k?, was this particular to your school, or was it a government document?

    i think for most people like me who are called 'ICT Techs' it is an insult, as i am a network admin, network manager, and ict tech all in one, plus most of the co-ordinators job too, because they are overworked with teaching tasks. Where do they get such figures from?

    it would be really good to get the email of the person who thinks that shoud be the wage for a technician

    It was for Birmignham City council
    Last edited by jamin100; 19th February 2008 at 02:56 PM.

  14. #119
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    Still havent had much info over here either (funny im in birimingham too). Theres another strike brewing aint there, planned for a week today i heard.

    I imagine SS is good for you guys as i dont think they could possibly class you as ICT Techs anymore so you should end up with the appropriate title and maybe even a better salary.

  15. #120
    jamin100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,035
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 98 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Still havent had much info over here either (funny im in birimingham too). Theres another strike brewing aint there, planned for a week today i heard.

    I imagine SS is good for you guys as i dont think they could possibly class you as ICT Techs anymore so you should end up with the appropriate title and maybe even a better salary.
    I can't see that happening to be honest. Wouldnt mind though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Low salary? Neighbour paid more.... ?
    By in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th October 2008, 11:37 AM
  2. Salary Scales
    By woody in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14th December 2006, 06:46 AM
  3. IT Technician: Buckinghamshire, Salary TBD
    By indiegirl in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 8th December 2006, 07:29 PM
  4. Technician - Salary Up to £29,582 - Kingston
    By tosca925 in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th October 2005, 09:52 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •