Educational IT Jobs Thread, School IT Technician in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Here is a job advert for my role as I am leaving to go travelling, thought I'd post it here ...
27th March 2012, 06:17 PM #1
- Rep Power
School IT Technician
Here is a job advert for my role as I am leaving to go travelling, thought I'd post it here before it goes
live on job sites later tomorrow:
Part Time ICT Support Technician Leicester/Leicestershire Job Advert
An ICT support technician is required to join a small team delivering first and second line ICT support. The candidate will design, build, install and support ICT services in a number of schools in Leicester and Leicestershire.
• Committed to customer satisfaction and ownership of issues.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy and demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Flexible, independent & self-motivated worker.
• A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft environment, particularly MS Office applications and network hardware infrastructure.
• Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards.
• A working understanding of Microsoft Server 2003 & 2008 including active directory and security policies.
• A basic understanding of Apple products and associated software.
• Documentation of system configuration, processes and service records.
• Ability to perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
• Experience of ICT support in primary schools
• Valid CRB or equivalent safeguarding checks (new checks will be instigated for successful applicant)
• Ability to independently travel between school sites
The role is for 15 – 20 hours a week pro rata annual salary of £15,000 - £17,000. Flexibility for non-term time working/term time working to suit the business needs.
Our products and services are delivered into the Health & Education sectors across the UK. Supplying ICT into Education, Sensory Rooms, Creative Learning Environments and Training, we thrive on innovation and creativity to transform products and services that drive improved business results. We also share an infectious passion to make an impact on society and empower children and adults in ways never seen before. If you want to work for a small hard working team passionate about the needs of the client send your CV to email@example.com
A full job description is available on request.
28th March 2012, 08:06 PM #2
- Rep Power
I guess due to me having no experience, this wouldnt be an ideal job to go for?
28th March 2012, 08:35 PM #3
@Pichi123 Don't let that stop you.
Originally Posted by Pichi123
28th March 2012, 11:31 PM #4
- Rep Power
Could i please have the full job description?
Last edited by Pichi123; 28th March 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Last Post: 20th November 2008, 12:41 PM
By Jiser in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 1st July 2008, 03:17 PM
By spc-rocket in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 14th June 2007, 02:20 PM
By GrumbleDook in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 29th October 2006, 04:33 PM
By Simcfc73 in forum General Chat
Last Post: 24th April 2006, 10:03 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)