+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, HASTINGS - E-SUSSEX : vle-guru, webmaster, intranet looker-after... in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...

Thank Post

HASTINGS - E-SUSSEX : vle-guru, webmaster, intranet looker-after...

We require for this key role in the school, an inspirational and creative individual to design and manage our VLE as well as develop our school website(s) and intranet. Experience of administering/maintaining a VLE is essential, as is solid web design experience & good communication skills. Good knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash & Sharepoint. Experience of working within an education environment, and a design or media-based further education qualification desirable. Salary – £17.6k - full time post

see website for application form and further details: Helenswood School

Thank Post
    Your currently using Uniservity, will you be migrating to Life or going with Moodle or Frog as the East Sussex contract is up for renewal?

Thank Post
    The current plan of action is to go with Life, as we have lots of links with other schools in place etc - and because it's so cost effective, it means we can employ a human instead of a frog!

Thank Post
    Hi there, scottf: saw this post and was intrigued. Could you email me on http://scr.im/eitc so I can talk to you about it outside this forum?
    Thanks,

Mark Allen

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottf View Post
    We require for this key role in the school, an inspirational and creative individual to design and manage our VLE as well as develop our school website(s) and intranet. Experience of administering/maintaining a VLE is essential, as is solid web design experience & good communication skills. Good knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash & Sharepoint. Experience of working within an education environment, and a design or media-based further education qualification desirable. Salary – £17.6k - full time post

see website for application form and further details: Helenswood School
    @scottf Sounds interesting.. Also, not far from me! Will be looking at this job I think. I know it says until May 2013 in first instance but was wondering if the vacancy will be extended? Or will it just stay at a 1 year contract?
    Last edited by Devontechie; 19th March 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Apologies for my noble leaders lack of response ( hes a very busy man), Steve I think it would be safer to assume its just for the year, as with all fixed term jobs though if the right person comes along and is still needed after that year then obviously it might be possible to keep them on. As a technician at the school I can honestly say it's a great working environment all 3 of us techies are very friendly share the same strange sense of humour etc! Can't remember if it was on the Job description but a car would be highly beneficial as it's a split site school and you will be needed at both ends, otherwise a few of the staff do get taxis to and fro and its only about a mile and a half between the sites. The main role of the job is going to be setting up and migrating all the data onto the new "Life" VLE and teaching teachers /staff/ possibly students how to use it. Mark it would be easier for questions to be asked and answered on here.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denzal2k4 View Post
    Apologies for my noble leaders lack of response ( hes a very busy man), Steve I think it would be safer to assume its just for the year, as with all fixed term jobs though if the right person comes along and is still needed after that year then obviously it might be possible to keep them on. As a technician at the school I can honestly say it's a great working environment all 3 of us techies are very friendly share the same strange sense of humour etc! Can't remember if it was on the Job description but a car would be highly beneficial as it's a split site school and you will be needed at both ends, otherwise a few of the staff do get taxis to and fro and its only about a mile and a half between the sites. The main role of the job is going to be setting up and migrating all the data onto the new "Life" VLE and teaching teachers /staff/ possibly students how to use it. Mark it would be easier for questions to be asked and answered on here.

Thanks
    @denzal2k4 Thanks for the reply. I have had a reply from @scottf via PM the other day about the contract. I know the 2 sites of the school, I live in Hastings. I've done a fair bit of VLE work before (looked at a number of VLEs for 1 school, with demo accounts, used Moodle a fair bit as well.

I am in the middle of doing the form and will hopefully get it back this week.

Steve
    Last edited by Devontechie; 21st March 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I thought the closing date was 30th March?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehill06 View Post
    I thought the closing date was 30th March?
    Hi Steve - sorry for the lack of info recently, i've had a few days off for Easter. We have received your forms, but due to a staff absence the closing date has been pushed back. I will find out all the details when the personnel officer is back and will bring you up to date then... Many thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottf View Post
    Hi Steve - sorry for the lack of info recently, i've had a few days off for Easter. We have received your forms, but due to a staff absence the closing date has been pushed back. I will find out all the details when the personnel officer is back and will bring you up to date then... Many thanks
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the update. Hope to hear from you soon.

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread