This post is advertised in the Kent and Sussex Courier dated 24/2/12. The school is a girls' independent with both junior (primary) and senior (secondary) schools. I can't find any trace of the job on their website Walthamstow Hall School | Independent Girls School Sevenoaks, Kent
That's all it says...For April 2012
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic ICT Technician to join a busy team providing hardware and software support for the Junior and Senior School networks. Experience required.
For further details and an application form, please contact the Headmistress's PA, Miss K Lippiatt by email: hmpa(at)walthamstowhall.kent.sch.uk or by telephone.
I have no connection to this school.
I emailed for the info on this post out of curiosity... I won't be applying.
Reports to: Network manager
Hours: 37½ hours per week
Maximum 40 weeks working with paid 5 weeks holidays which includes Bank Holidays
(Network Manager provides 1st line out of hours support)This is a full-time job during term-time, however there needs to be the flexibility to be available on a pre-arranged basis out of school hours – such as during a holiday period, to assist with tasks/projects that cannot be carried out during normal school term times.
This isn't a boarding school.
Salary: £18,066 - £20,135 FTE
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft based PCs and associated software, particularly Office applications.
- A comprehensive understanding of network hardware infrastructure
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Server 2008 software including active directory and security policies, Microsoft Exchange and Internet access and filtering routines
- A basic understanding of Apple Macs and associated software
- Ability to travel between the two school sites.
It is definitely a Tech's role, not an NM one.
That's enough for you to decide whether you want to contact them or not!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)