+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, What should i do in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi Guys im new in edugeek and i have a question in 3 months im finishing my apprenticeship level 3 ...

Thank Post

Question What should i do

Hi Guys im new in edugeek and i have a question in 3 months im finishing my apprenticeship level 3 and i past few months i have worked developing and designing Frog VLE and i really like working with frog even they been impressed what i can do with the platform and i would like to work in frog implementationor development im going to apply to FrogTrade soon but i dont know what they will say .
    My question is it possible get a job as frog implementer , developer or designer with out working in frogtrade im based in North East but i can change a location

Thank Post
    Hi,

I know that Frog don't particularly do working from home very well, so i'm sure that location would be a clincher at interview. If you were to work in implementation i'm not sure how this would be affected because i know it may be regionalised.
    If you have already been working with Frog, the best people to answer the questions are... Frog. Send an email or letter over just detailing what you're trying to achieve and whether you'rethe kind of person that would be considered for those posts. Remember to ask if not, why not, so that you can work on those qualities / experience for the future.

If you'd like help with the composition of that, if you put something together i'm happy for you to PM me it or PM me your email address and i'll help you out with it.

I should also say i'm in no way affiliated with Frog, nor have I ever worked for Frog. The kind of posts that you're after though do tend to be post which people work their way up to, rather than starting in after an aprenticeship, but I don't know how much experience you've had prior to this or what in... and I don't need to, but Frog do. As I say, if it were me, I'd be contacting Frog Trade directly and posing these questions, and if you'd want a hand let me know.

Just my ten penneth i'm sure others will be along to offer advice too

Mic

3. Thanks to michael2k6 from:

EmilJanowiak (16th January 2012)

Thank Post
    the problem is im 17 but apparently quoting Frog Rep Talented i designed whole page for my school and made working android app and moving away would not be problem cos im young i would apply for job wat was posted 2 days ago but i have to stay in my placement for another 3 months :/ i will w8 and see i will update my CV tomorrow and send it to our frog rep maybe he will help me

Thank Post
    I know frog have offices in Halifax, West Yorkshire, Which have tech support and dev's there.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullaney18 View Post
    I know frog have offices in Halifax, West Yorkshire, Which have tech support and dev's there.
    Could contact them to see whether they'd offer an internship, you don't normally get paid much (if anything other than expenses) but you'll get some good experience, it could lead to better things.

Or you could try build a portfolio of things you've done with frog - i don't know how easy it is to get projects but you could always make your own additions to showcase your skillset?

Dev is hard to get into without experience, not because you suck but because they like degrees showing you know programming and things like that, doesn't mean it's impossible - just means you need to try that little bit harder

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread