+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Just a little Advice.. in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; If you have a CRB PM/Email Will - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educat...rt-monday.html East Chelmsford can be anywhere between you and Chelmsford.......
    rad
    Thank Post
    If you have a CRB PM/Email Will - weeks work nr chelmsford - start monday East Chelmsford can be anywhere between you and Chelmsford....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davalav View Post
    Due my location there is very little work in the surrounding area's and as I am in the middle of NOWHERE transport is a huge problem.
    Check an Ordnance Survey map - there's public footpaths accross the fields from you to North Fambridge station, where you can get a train to London Liverpool Street in about an hour.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Are you looking locally or nationally? Havent had your CV yet?

Thank Post
    @ Dhicks .. Yep I know! I know this area better then most... I used to go biking along every nook and cranny I could find. I could get you to Danbury just using footpaths.. Very very very muddy though, as they are mostly used by Farm vehicles and poxy horses...

Sorry Witch I have been busy, I actually found a little work with my real Dads best friend, he said call him up when ever I need money or something to do!

I shall post it over to you either this morning or afternoon matey. I have ( how stupidly of me not to figure this out ) But I am technically a VLE technician... I used to maintain and look after My Big Campus, for Lightspeed systems, for all the UK customers.

I have been Google-ing a lot of work and trying to find VLE companies within the Essex Area and maybe out side of Essex, e.g London.... but Google isn't being very nice to me lately. What would you recommend? Keep searching as my skills are very varied and I do have a lot of varied experience within I.T, especially for my age ( just turned 19 ).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Would that be bat preservation?

Can you afford to get a 50cc scooter? It will open the commute distance and also help no end with your road skills.
    I wish I could say yes... But every last penny I had was used to commute to different locations and a lot up to London, which is so expensive! I had things to pay for and a lot of things I invested in didn't work out. I have put £90 in premium bonds... and still have £90 in there, and has stayed the same for the last year. Any money I do earn go's towards my mobile phone and transport. It's a harsh world when you turn 18...

I wish I could rely on my family, but they haven't much either, what they have they save for emergencies, crisis's etc and cannot spare to help me a long.

Thank Post
    Hi Davalav

It's not a VLE company, but if your last post had anything to do with SIF agents, (exporting data from MIS to other systems) this job at Groupcall might suit you, and they are in Chigwell.

Latest News on Groupcall Messenger, Alert and Xporter applications

Product Support Technician

Groupcall are looking for a Product Support Technician to join their growing team!

This is a technical role based in the Chigwell office, offering a range of support services mainly to UK Education Authorities and Individual schools.

The successful applicant will be required to assist the existing technical team, answer support calls, perform remote installations of Groupcall product sets and offer remote training services. Initially this role will focus on support for Groupcall’s flagship product ‘Messenger’.

Key requirements include a great telephone manner, technical knowledge of desktop computing, database technologies and a tenacious & proactive personality.

For more information on the role, or to apply email: ngradwell@groupcall.com or call: 020 8502 7344.

There is also a Product Support Manager post - same contact details.

I support an RBC learning platform in Dorset (same LA as Witch). I can't think of any VLE firms with HQs in Essex, but if I can, I'll whip through some websites and check out locations.

You could have a look at the exhibitors going to the BETT 2012 exhibiton look for VLEs under the Product Area option. There seems to be thousands of results, which can't be right, but you could skim the lists.

Good luck!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nick Gradwell is the man to be calling...press option 5 on the phone and ask to be put through

8. Thanks to nephilim from:

lindylou (15th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Hi Davalav

It's not a VLE company, but if your last post had anything to do with SIF agents, (exporting data from MIS to other systems) this job at Groupcall might suit you, and they are in Chigwell.

Latest News on Groupcall Messenger, Alert and Xporter applications

Product Support Technician

Groupcall are looking for a Product Support Technician to join their growing team!

This is a technical role based in the Chigwell office, offering a range of support services mainly to UK Education Authorities and Individual schools.

The successful applicant will be required to assist the existing technical team, answer support calls, perform remote installations of Groupcall product sets and offer remote training services. Initially this role will focus on support for Groupcall’s flagship product ‘Messenger’.

Key requirements include a great telephone manner, technical knowledge of desktop computing, database technologies and a tenacious & proactive personality.

For more information on the role, or to apply email: ngradwell@groupcall.com or call: 020 8502 7344.

There is also a Product Support Manager post - same contact details.

I support an RBC learning platform in Dorset (same LA as Witch). I can't think of any VLE firms with HQs in Essex, but if I can, I'll whip through some websites and check out locations.

You could have a look at the exhibitors going to the BETT 2012 exhibiton look for VLEs under the Product Area option. There seems to be thousands of results, which can't be right, but you could skim the lists.

Good luck!

Thank you for the help! Chigwell is just outside of Brentwood. Pretty easy to get too I hope!

Similar, but it was called SiS import. It's like a bog standard export from the Student information systems to notepad and format the data appropriately, to be used with the VLE. Pretty simple... Once you have the know how!

Is that what your after? I am very confident as I have been doing it for some time

I'll email the man in question and see where it goes.

Thank you very much!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davalav View Post
    Thank you for the help! Chigwell is just outside of Brentwood. Pretty easy to get too I hope!

Similar, but it was called SiS import. It's like a bog standard export from the Student information systems to notepad and format the data appropriately, to be used with the VLE. Pretty simple... Once you have the know how!

Is that what your after? I am very confident as I have been doing it for some time

I'll email the man in question and see where it goes.

Thank you very much!
    No problem, I hope it goes well for you. I'd advise you read up on SIF as a standard, try here Welcome to the SIF Association. Forgive me if you do know about it already, but it would not harm to make sure you have the latest industry info.

Let us know how you get on and have a good Christmas - I'm sure you will overcome the challenges of travel and job hunting, you just need to keep at it. I'm glad you found some occasional work with your friend.

Cheers from a sunny but chilly Dorset!

Thank Post
    Sorry I haven't replied, due to an annoying turn of events I was rushed to A&E and have spent the weekend in the hospital...

Thank Post
    That is annoying. I hope you and anyone else concerned is fine now?

Thank Post
    I had an OP last night and the area is very sore.. I hate being cut open! But.. could have been worse! Yeah I am all fine. Just resting up and hopefully I'll be myself again soon! Thanks for your concern

Thank Post
    Oh mate, sorry to hear that! Hope you are better for Christmas

Thank Post
    I am fine! Tough old boy I am Did you get my revised CV Witch?

Thank Post
    Nope
    Send it again but to my home email (I'll pm it)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast