+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Looking for a 2 week Work Placement (April-May 2012) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hello all, I am a 16 year old College Student studying BTEC Extended IT Diploma (Level 3) at Alton College ...

Thank Post

Looking for a 2 week Work Placement (April-May 2012)

Hello all,

I am a 16 year old College Student studying BTEC Extended IT Diploma (Level 3) at Alton College in Hampshire and as part of my course I have to attend a 2 week voluntary Work Placement at an IT place, I would like to work in a School (Primary is prefered or Secondary) that uses a RM CC3 or RM CC4 network for my Work Experience and so I am asking here if anyone is willing to take me on for the 2 weeks, I live about 30 minutes away from Guildford and am looking for something close to Guildford, Haslemere or Alton.

If you have a CC3 or CC4 Network and are willing to take me on for the 2 weeks or if you would like more details or a copy of my CV then please PM me, I have good experience of CC3 and CC4 networks and have been involved in a local Primary Schools Upgrade from CC3 to CC4 and have a good idea of how it works.

For more details about the placement including dateds and a copy of my CV please feel free to PM me.

Thank You

Thank Post
    Not that I would be able to offer this to you but why only RM CC3/CC4?

Just as a FYI (and others will support/kick me about this) but RM is slowly disappearing from quite a few schools and so you might want to expand into Vanilla networks as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    We are vanilla/linux, but yes as mentioned above Management Software in the school sector is going down. With more people in the industry and that work with vanilla windows.

We are here which if you are the sussex side of Alton you are more then welcome to come.

We are a Secondary though with 900 desktops, windows (main 2k8 r2), linux (mainly Ubuntu 10.04), MS sql, apache, mysql webservers, proxies and a whole load more.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Did you find anything?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor95 View Post
    I am a 16 year old College Student studying BTEC Extended IT Diploma (Level 3) at Alton College in Hampshire and as part of my course I have to attend a 2 week voluntary Work Placement at an IT place,
    Sorry, I missed this post the first time round. I used to work at Alton Convent School, just down the road from the sixth form college, and I'm sure they'd find a volunteer handy. No RM network, mind, we ran a bunch of Xen servers running assorted Windows and Linux virtual machines, with a hundered or so Windows clients.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread