+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Millgate Computers Engineering Manager - Sheffield in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...

Thank Post

Millgate Computers Engineering Manager - Sheffield

Hi everyone,

Obviously non edu but i thought this might be of interest to some people on here. We've put the job on Monster but here's the description

IT Engineering Manager

About the Job

Millgate Computers are within the ' CRN Top 100 VAR's ' in the UK, with a turnover of £20million.​

Millgate currently has an established maintance contract base.​ Also the department carries out national installation work, including Server Refresh, Cabling, AV, and Wilreless.​

We need and experience IT Enginnering manager who will manage and grow the department.​ It is essential that the candidate must be able to work closely with the sales team as well as the Engineering staff

This position may suit a Senior IT Engineer who wishes to move into management.​

Manage a team of 10 Field Service Engineers, and one internal Co-ordinator

• Establish procedures for customes in accordance with the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
    • Ensure the correct functioning and maintenance of all internal IT equipment and services
    • Act, when required, as the customer SPOC and co-ordinate the scheduling of the onsite intervention with Customer’s, internal resolver groups, and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA
    • Ensure that all local repairs of faulty equipment and services are carried out to the highest standards.​
    • Report and escalate all observed problems to proper operational escalation points
    • Ensure that preventive maintenance of equipment in accordance with agreed schedules and to manufacturer specifications
    • Ensure the team adheres to the highest working standards for all interventions by providing guidance, support and direct management
    • Support the co-ordinator in the management, reporting, and co-ordination of day-day tasks
    • Establish a training schedule to ensure certifications are kept uptodate, and new technologies are added to our product portfolio.​
    • Ensure day-to-day supervision of activities of a group of individuals by providing appropriate personal support to enable co-workers to function to their operational potential
    • Confirm and prioritize day-to-day tasks, as and when needed
    • Coach fellow co-workers on operational issues relying on strong working knowledge of the activities in the group
    • Support and report, in consultation with the line manager, on the adherence to local standard policies and procedures (absence tracking, sick leave, overtime, confidentiality)
    • Provide feedback on performance of co-workers to the Directors, in support of the performance management process

Salary is between £30k - £35K + Car + Bonus + Pension

Plus you get to work with me

In all seriousness, Millgate is a really good company to work for and we're constantly growing.

If you have any questions or you want to apply, drop me an email - luke.jones@millgate.co.uk

Cheers

Luke

<This is an approved ad - Dos_Box>
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 8th December 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Bump - as it was removed and re posted

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I want to work from home....can I do that with this job? Lol

Thank Post
    Ha, i'm afraid not buddy. You do get a nice office though

Thank Post
    im interested, but dont think i've been in the IT job long enough as im only 19

Thank Post
    I'm not the one picking so i don't know exactly what they're looking for but it doesn't hurt to apply.

The worst they can say is no

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread