+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, IT Technician - Macclesfield College in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...

Thank Post

IT Technician - Macclesfield College

IT Technician

Hours: Full-time – 37hrs per week

Salary: £18,308 to £26,962

You will take responsibility for the daily supervision of the IT Support Technicians and helpdesk as well as developing and maintaining the IT infrastructure of the College. The successful candidate will provide support to staff and students to meet service level agreements. You will hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and possess experience of managing Microsoft network infrastructure including Microsoft exchange. You will also have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels. The vacancy will close at 12.00 noon on the closing date. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure check and satisfactory references. The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.

Closing date for applications: 21 November 2011 at noon

Previous applicants need not apply.

Interviews: 28th November 2011

Further Information: Please visit Macclesfield College - Vacancies - Vacancies at Macclesfield College/LZ6

Contact Details: recruitment@macclesfield.ac.uk

Thank Post
    Ahh so I wonder who has left.. :-) Didn’t Macc college go through Redundancies not so long ago within the IT Dept???

Thank Post

Question

Is this the same job as was posted a little bit ago? (Spotted and posted by me)

Still outside the distance I'm willing to travel for for a Techie role again. HRMacc, would you be able to tell me if this is a Managers role within the organization (based on reading the info it is more than a techie role)

Quote Originally Posted by HRMacc View Post
    You will hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and possess experience of managing Microsoft network infrastructure including Microsoft exchange.
    Last edited by LostAndFound; 8th November 2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: browser error

Thank Post
    Its onbe of those grey area ones where the network manager was made redundant if I recall so a techie job that is a manager job

Thank Post
    As far as I knew the network manager is still at the college, it was one of the support staff who had been there 30 odd years who go hit with the redundancies. Must add though it’s a nice place to work, just a shame about the money they are willing to pay! Or lack of it.

Thank Post
    I applied for this when it was first advertised and pulled out prior to interview (nothing wrong with the job itself or the place) just wasn't the move I was looking to make at this point in my career.

I spent quite some time talking to the guy who would be the line manager of the role, so if anyone has any questions I might be able to answer them, please send in PM (although it's well worth talking to them directly).

Thank Post
    Thank you for your query.

The vacancy post is not for a managerial role; however there is a certain level of supervision that goes with the position.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread