+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Need Help finding a job - in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi My name is Aslam and I have studied in Blackburn College and I have been job hunting for an ...

Thank Post

Need Help finding a job -

Hi
    My name is Aslam and I have studied in Blackburn College and I have been job hunting for an IT technician post for over a year. I have kept checking on this forum for any opportunities but I cant seem to get anywhere.I really have tried filling out application after application ... Please can someone help me , I live in Blackburn Lancashire and I would love to work in a school, I have done loads of voluntary work in a school, in a community centre and also a business in blackpool but it has led me to no job. I have just registered on this forum today as I daily come on and check the posts for any opportunities and just to keep updated with the Tech world.

My dream job would be to work in a school. Please can someone give me any help /hope to get into work.

thankyou in advance for all your help and efforts

Thank Post
    If you have picked up experience along with your studies it might be your application/CV that is could do with improving. There are a few members on here who are good at polishing CV's @Witch has been helpful to lots of members, but I'm sure plenty of people would help. If you are happy to upload your CV then I'm sure a few people would provide advice.

If you dont want to post your details up, send me a PM and I'll take a quick look.

Edit: Additionally there is another thread about advice for starting out

And take a look at this one for General Advice for Job Applicants
    Last edited by penfold; 21st October 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Move to where the jobs are. I Moved from Plymouth to get the job I wanted and I don’t regret it.
    Find a job online after you have been made successful then move.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    I am an ex-recruitment consultant and have lots of experience in CVs and interview techniques etc. By all means pm me if you would like me to look at your CV

Thank Post
    Hi sorry for the late reply, I had a fever and have not been online for a few days....

I would like to thanks all of you whom have given advice which means so much to me while finding a job, really cant thank you enough for the valuable time and effort you have given me

thank you please keep the advice coming in

My C.V

IT ESSENTIALS 1 COMPTIA A+ - Passed
    PC TECHNICIAN'S TRAINING - Passed

I am an enthusiastic and highly competent individual with a genuine desire to achieve. I expect high standards from myself and from those I work with and this, I believe, is reflected in the work I do. My strengths lie in my ability to communicate, plan, organise and to easily adapt to changes and needs. I am confident, energetic, ambitious, and gain satisfaction from adding real value to the organisations for which I have worked for and will do in the future. I have proven records of being a hard worker with a positive attitude and determination to succeed. I am very flexible in my working approach with the ability to work using my own initiative. I always prioritise my work load and organise myself, I am flexible and willing to work out of office hours on weekends or evening if necessary. I take responsibility of my own work for which I have total commitment. I am able to adapt my skills to the situation and work under pressure on all occasions. I have worked with staff from all levels and backgrounds.

Communication & Presentation skills

Excellent communicator at all levels with a pleasant, energetic personality and interpersonal skills.
    Highly creative and innovative.
    Build excellent working relationships with staff across the Company
    Liaising with 3rd party contacts and suppliers.

‹ IT skills
    Possess an excellent working knowledge in using Microsoft Office
    Sound experience in Networking, , TCPIP, Intranet, , Remote Desktop,
    Experienced in using/administering– Active Directory, Group Policies,
    Excellent at all PC/Servers setup - HP Proliant DELL, setup/ Hardware setups
    Experienced in using and administering Backup Exec for Windows Servers,
    Experience in supporting staff and clients in 1st line IT/Software Support environments.
    Carrying out full system installations/updates on site or remotely
    Hands on practical knowledge of Operating Systems i.e. Win XP,Vista/Win 7
    Anti-Virus deployment across the whole site, setup and configurations

‹ Organisational skills
    Possess the ability to provide imaginative yet practical solutions and deliver detailed implementations to business challenges.
    An excellent time manager, capable of working logically, consistently and accurately within a strict time-frame.
    Proactive ability to make important decisions even under pressure.
    Self motivated, resourceful, and able to act on my own initiative or as part of a team.

Tiger Trainers - ICT Technician (Voluntary)
    Working as ICT Technician
    - Manage IT Help desk in the resolution of IT Requests raised
    - Monitor and report on Spam Emails/ filters, Internet Usage, Anti-virus Logs, Scan
    Logs, Servers Logs, firewall Logs
    - Provide 1st Line support on in-house/commercial applications
    - Making sure calls are being assigned to IT and are carried on within the agreed SLA with clients as well are internal staff and are resolved to user satisfaction.
    - Look after all Server hardware related replacing faulty hard drives etc.
    -Provide technical support input for new systems and upgrades to existing systems as required, including new infrastructure technologies and deliverables.
    - Ensure that infrastructure/Servers are available at all times
    - Liaising with 3rd party suppliers

British Telecom (BT) –
    Working as Customer Services Agent
    - Provide an excellent standard of customer services in all customer contact situations, to a wide range of customers in a fast paced environment.
    - Respond promptly to customers inquiries by telephone, e-mail, online media forums or web/live chat, in a professional manner at all times.
    - Handle & resolve correctly & efficiently customer complaints.
    - Commitment to meet challenging targets and deadlines.
    - Ensuring processes and procedures are completed accurately
    - Engage with customers, building rapport and asking questions in order to build a better understanding of their needs

Balaclava Community Centre (H.S.M.C) – (Voluntary)
    -Troubleshooting PC/printers inkjet and Laser also replacing mice keyboard and other hardware problems or software problems
    - To train individual staff or pupils using non-technical terms so that everyone understands.
    -Managing hardware such as the CPU, RAM, Motherboards, Video cards , Hard Drives, Power Supplies
    -Ordering new and maintaining the ICT equipment
    - Maintaining desktop operating systems such as Windows 98 Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
    -Liaising with Manufacture’s and Suppliers.
    -Assisting and working with children from all ages and backgrounds and ensuring the E-safety of children at all times.

Hawthornes Junior School - (Voluntary)
    -I was assisting the teachers with preparing for ICT lesson in addition to this I was working with the pupils ensuring they got the best from the computer systems
    -Troubleshoot and maintaining the computer systems on the school network to ensure they are available at all times
    -Prioritise technical problems and fix accordingly
    -Order ICT/Media equipment for the whole school
    -Ensuring smooth day to day running of all computer systems
    -Upgrading and expanding of the ICT system
    -Working with Windows Server 2003, Windows 98, ME, XP, software such as SIMS, Microsoft Office and many other educational software, which linked to the interactive whiteboards.

Thank Post
    I to am in a simular situation.

I qualified as a technician level 3 back in 2005 and have since completed a foundation degree in applied computing and a BA degree in applied computing. To pay for my education I have been working in retail since 2007 and I am now looking to make a carer in the ICT industry. I would like to work in a school/college or in a small company's office. Unfortunatly with working full time i have not been able to obtain any experiecne through voluntary work. Is there any chance that someone like me could obtain a job? I am idealy looking for a Trainee/Junior position. I am willing to learn and I work well with other people. Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you

Peter

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    I have looked at aslams CV (not the one he has posted up) and will happily look at yours, too, pichi123

Thank Post
    PM you my CV to take a look at. Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How old are you? Princes trust are able to help you and will put you in touch with the right people if you are under 24

Thank Post
    Things are tough out there. My contract is coming to an end soon too so I will be looking for some help at some stage I guess.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread