Hello,

Due to increasing workload, future planning and extra budget I am looking to recruit a systems administrator to work within my IT Dept.

We have 2 NOCs, one in Maidenhead and one in Manchester, for this reason it is expected that the systems administrator will be able to drive as the Maidenhead NOC is unaccessible by public transport. It is envisaged that the systems administrator will spend one day a week in Manchester, travel expenses and accommodation are paid for. Between us we will be running rostered out of hours support (currently, 6am - 10pm) but this could change in the future, must be flexible with days off - this is not Mon-Fri and it is not 9-5.

We are looking for someone who is multi-talented, although we run 400 Windows 7 machines, we run 30 Debian servers which the candidate will need to be adept on. People with Ubuntu experience will be highly considered if they have no Debian experience. Must be confident, able to work alone and able to work to tight deadlines. Hardware is mainly Supermicro, Dell & Netgear.

I am not looking for certifications necessarily but you must have experience with VLANs, routers, switches and configuration of them - if you have a ccna, great - be prepared to prove your ability. Although an MCSA/MCITP would be helpful (we'll be setting up a domain from scratch very soon), Linux and hands on data centre experience is just as important, if no data centre experience... hands on 2nd/3rd line server support.

We all have extra skills, we'd like someone who can contribute towards scripting, programming, process or any other area of IT so people with lots of skills will get a second glance. Good working environment where people are rewarded for the work they put in. The ideal candidate will be dependable, broad shoulders and able to take ownership of tasks - a can do person that gets things done.

Salary is negotiable, but to give an idea between 25k - 30k, more for the right person, less for someone without the skills who could progress (quickly). Job is based in Slough.

PM over a CV.