+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Educational IT Jobs Thread, which is more demanding in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I've found corporate companies that have a real structure you are very orientated towards one area like pcstru has said, ...
    Thank Post
    I've found corporate companies that have a real structure you are very orientated towards one area like pcstru has said, I found in Schools people didn't know what you did and didn't necessarily appreciate the work/time it takes to get things done.

Working at a startup I've found I've had to work 24 hours straight a couple of times, unsociable hours and do tasks I'd never thought I'd have to but better rewarded than I was in corporate or in a school.

I don't think people can say that working in a school is a bad thing, often you cover alot more ground than most people, for instance the amount of AV you'll do as second nature and the amount of customer service you have to give everyday - the corporate world for me was a little stagnant and faceless, like you could not turn up and nobody would really care - just around to make up numbers in some cases, you weren't that relied upon like a school where they see you as a god for fixing a printer, something that maybe simple but has a massive impact on a school.

I bet you can do far more off the top of your head than someone who's been first line for a corp for 2 years... ask them to go repair a server hands-on without a knowledgebase, second line support or a work instruction and see them crumble.
    Last edited by dwhyte85; 7th August 2011 at 08:07 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123