+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Looking for a new job in bristol! (ICT Technician) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; ...
    Thank Post

Looking for a new job in bristol! (ICT Technician)

In my current position I am assisting the network manager at Liskeard School and community college in maintenance and delivery of ICT within the teaching and learning environment. This includes all pc’s, laptops, tablet pc’s, interactive whiteboards, Data projectors etc.

I am very familiar with Ranger; in my current job I most often use it to monitor pupil activity and roll out programs using the package builder. I use it remotely to shut down machines or start applications.

Another part of this job is being aware of the security issues in dealing with networked computers. For example, working in a school means you have to be extremely vigilant in noticing irregularities with computers that you may not be currently on at that time.

As I am a Grade E (Experienced) IT Technician I often console in to the main server check for error in the event log

I am used to being on call and working under extreme pressure, in response to teacher and pupil IT emergencies. I have to prioritise and manage competing requests on a regular basis, with patience and understanding.

I have a lot of experience of working in schools as I have worked in Coombe Dean School in Plymouth which is where I gained my qualifications and had the same role as what I now have at Liskeard School and community college.

In my previous job I had been involved with the sound and lighting equipment at my current job. On one occasion I have ran a ‘stars in their eyes’ production to pupils and their family members, an inter-key-stage competition that Coombe Dean holds twice a year.
    it

I am looking to move away from Plymouth and start a new life in the South west of England. (Bristol is preferred)

I am very sociable and very enthusiastic about making a change in my life to father my career in ICT.

Please could anyone let me know if there are any jobs ICT technician jobs going in Bristol.

Im a really hard worker and I really want to move away

If any network managers, IT mangers, System managers would like to see my C.V please e-mail me on lewis _ bulley @ hotmail . co . uk (without the spaces)

Thanks you

Thank Post
    Hey Lewis, It's Rob Quick, we both had an interview at Ridings high, I guess you didnt get the position either!

Theres been nothing advertised in Bristol for months. I had to go elseware and I have been accepted for a position at ST Josephs catholic college in Swindon.

Good luck mate.

Thank Post
    Hello Rob,

They said on the phone I was a strong interviewe but someone answerd more questions than me..

Shame.. i would love to have worked there... SOOOO much!!

Well done buddy hope its all going well Let me know if anything comes up (PM ME) as its only a hours drive from bristol

All the best

Lewis

Thank Post
    just posted 2 roles in Bristol just for your good self (and everyone else on Edugeek of course)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread