+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Network Manager: Totnes, Devon in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Role available... my old role. If you have any questions about it - PM or message and I will try ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Network Manager: Totnes, Devon

Role available... my old role. If you have any questions about it - PM or message and I will try and answer....

ICT Network Manager
    Required as soon as possible
    Full time, all year round
    Salary Grade G £29,236

We are looking to appoint a dynamic and talented IT Professional with network management experience who will provide an efficient ICT service that will enable outstanding teaching and learning within the College.

This is a pivotal role and the successful candidate must hold a degree in Computer Science/Networking and have excellent communication skills as well as comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Systems and networks.

If you are looking for a position in which you can really make a difference we are waiting to hear from you.

King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

Attached Person Spec and JD, as well as an additional document which details some specifics.

Application forms are available from our website KEVICC, King Edward VI Community College or contact Human Resources Section on 01803 869200 ext.261

Closing Date: noon Friday 20 May 2011
    Interviews Thursday 26 May 2011
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks to TheScarfedOne from:

cbox (11th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Hi there Scarfed One (good name btw!)

How rigid do you think the position is regarding the degree in Computer Science/Networking?

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Ditto El_Nombres question.

I keep coming across Network Manager jobs which are shortlisting using this criteria. Surely other aspects such as experience, are arguably just as important?

All the best

Chris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cbox View Post
    Ditto El_Nombres question.
    I keep coming across Network Manager jobs which are shortlisting using this criteria. Surely other aspects such as experience, are arguably just as important?
    All the best
    Chris
    Probably worth stating I have no connection with the above job first...
    If it were me considering applying I would apply regardless. Try and demonstrate within the application / CV / covering letter what you would bring to the role... maybe drop things in which somone from an entirely academic background may not bring. It's always worth a go.

Personally, whenever I advertise positions I never mention these kind of specifics... or at least state they are only desirable. I would much rather spend my time sifting through a wide range of interesting, multi-talented candidates than mull over a handful of people that just happen to have the same qualification.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Probably worth stating I have no connection with the above job first...
    If it were me considering applying I would apply regardless. Try and demonstrate within the application / CV / covering letter what you would bring to the role... maybe drop things in which somone from an entirely academic background may not bring. It's always worth a go.

Personally, whenever I advertise positions I never mention these kind of specifics... or at least state they are only desirable. I would much rather spend my time sifting through a wide range of interesting, multi-talented candidates than mull over a handful of people that just happen to have the same qualification.
    Hi mb2k01

I know you are right. Shame it takes so long to apply for jobs, I mean properly- not just sending the same old cover letter.

I wish everyone was happy to sift through to find the right candidate like you.

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread