Educational IT Jobs Thread, Job, Technical Specialist @ Smoothwall (Leeds) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Folks,
Early heads-up that I am recruiting another pre-sales tech at our Leeds office. Many of you may have spoken ...
Early heads-up that I am recruiting another pre-sales tech at our Leeds office. Many of you may have spoken to one of the guys in this team if you have looked at using Smoothwall for firewall or filtering.
Basic outline of the role:
* Visiting potential customers with a member of our sales team to discuss their security needs
* Giving webex style demos
* lurking on edugeek and helping people
* Delivering product training
* Designing and installing smoothwall deployments from small schools to full LAs
* Hacking around with the product
* Testing new stuff
* Working on blocklists/new blocking rules
* fully functional brain, or compatible
* know one end of network cable from the other
* Able to find your way round an AD, understand all that OU business etc
* Experience of filters, firewalls etc. a bonus
* Ability/desire to learn
Also, this job involves a bunch of travelling, which is much easier if you can drive, so a driving licence is borderline essential. Additionally, you are likely to end up at various points around the country (and indeed worldwide, we have offices on both coasts of the US), so spending a couple of nights away each month is expected.
Please PM or ask in thread for more details.
Last edited by tom_newton; 18th March 2011 at 09:30 PM.
...an addition - don't be afraid to apply for "lack of experience"! Salary questions are difficult - i don't like to post on an open board which upwards of 20 of my colleagues read but I can answer by PM. It's not "NM of a big school" and its not "Junior technician" but possibly somewhere in between?!