Where u running off too?
My current role, I am leaving Feb. Good to see they've upped the pay slightly - my feedback was taken on-board.
Have a very capable technician and very eager trainee, I didn't write the advert!
A few pointers:
- Netbook per year 7 (IC), scripted VBS to XP Home (no budget for pro, may be in April as have had discussions about it)
- Mac Suite disconnected from domain (by media team choice, soon to be migrated to new build)
- Netbook per VI former, weekly checks of all laptops.
- Sophos EM, Sophos Filtering, Studywiz, Exchange 07, XP network (Win 7 in testing by the tech at the moment & deployment) on 2003 domain but 3 new servers 2008 and 1 ESXi.
- ESXi installed and setup, will replace a few servers.
- Office 2003, 2007 popping up occasionally (for those who need it)
- Network of around 250 desktops & 400 laptops/netbooks
- Ruckus deployed
- New build nearly finished with more machines to come in (internet cafe).
- Maintenance of the old website, will be project to make new website, this may be done before the new starter.
- Intranet based on Joomla
- Academic mentoring based on google docs - not sure if this will stay an ICT job
- All rooms have IWB+Proj, some projs are aged and i've mentioned that some are in need of replacement because of age and compatibility.
- Core network equip needs a full refurb, has grown massively and has been added to incrementally and it's a bit of a mess - no money to change the core - yet.
- Sims patch/upgrade management & SamLearning accts.
- Netbooks Samsung NC20s, NC10s and N130s - no plans for refreshes on these, mainly Tosh laptops, HP desktops and some real old RM Catalysts (no rm software!) as whiteboard machines.
- Trainee maintains a booking system which he made in Excel/VBA
- Spiceworks as the helpdesk, not using for network inventory.
Anything else you'd like to know, feel free to send me a PM. It is a good role, I've just... had my time at the school - had a very bad year and that's no fault of the schools. I need a change of scenary and am leaving the school on good terms. Alot of room setups, putting speakers in rooms & toggling for projector outputs - all of the normal types of thing.
It's a very busy job, very hands on - be prepared for some busy days and some last minute requests.
Last edited by dwhyte85; 25th November 2010 at 08:36 PM.
Where u running off too?
Nowhere yet, notice period meant I had to take a risk - else, I might be at the school for the rest of my life
Found somewhere yet then?
I have a definite offer. They want me to start early but I can't as I've not been replaced
I also have a second interview with another very cool company but I don't know if I'll get that one.
People aren't interested in you until your notice is under a month!
On the XP Home Front, Microsoft's change in the Schools Agreement (To A Staff count, not a PC count) may mean that you would be wise to take one up so that you can get Pro!
is the job still active as totaljobs says 'no'
Hays are now the recruitment agency for this, click here.is the job still active as totaljobs says 'no'
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)