+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Placements in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I am currently in my second year of study of a Computing for Business degree at the University of Leeds ...

Thank Post

Placements

I am currently in my second year of study of a Computing for Business degree at the University of Leeds and have the option to complete a year in industry staring in July-September 2011.

Having worked part time for two years in IT support at a High School prior to going to university, I am keen to back to this industry as I enjoyed the work.

If anyone knows of any placements or would like to know more information about me I'd be delighted to talk to you.

Many thanks.

Nic

Thank Post
    Have you asked the IT Dept at the university?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,274 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also, might be worth asking local colleges, high schools, primaries, the full works. If it is voluntary they are much more likely to take you on.

Thank Post
    My advise get a decent placement scheme in a company. Graduate Jobs, Schemes and Internships UK | Milkround.com - some companies pay dam good money I saw one paying 24k for an internship.

Obviously a year out is a year paid, trust me working in a school wouldn't be a good step career wize unless you really want to pursue the education i.t. root (limiting your options in life).

You can always go back to schools after. There are certainly benefits and disadvantages to both industry or education, you just have to weigh up them up and choose what will be the best option for you career or happiness wize.
    Last edited by Jiser; 26th October 2010 at 04:39 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information