+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, ICT Network Manager or Senior ICT Technician in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Salary Senior ICT Technician 26,000-28,000; ICT Network Manager 29,000-35,000 (depending on qualifications and experience) Required as soon as possible, an ...

Thank Post

ICT Network Manager or Senior ICT Technician

Salary
    Senior ICT Technician 26,000-28,000;
    ICT Network Manager 29,000-35,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)

Required as soon as possible, an enthusiastic and committed ICT Network Manager is sought to manage our extensive ICT Network provision within this very large and busy school. The applicant will need to build on the considerable success achieved by the previous post-holders. ICT lies at the very heart of our Learning and Teaching agenda as we seek to raise attainment within the school. As well as having over 1400 workstations across the school, the ICT provision is state-of-the-art and requires someone with considerable knowledge of the following systems: CISCO Routers & Switches, EMC-Dell SAN, VMWare ESX Enterprise, Microsoft - Enterprise Server Edition, Exchange 2007, Office Share Point Server, SQL 2005, Novell Zenworks Configuration Management, Unix - Apache, Nagios and Syslog servers, Capita SIMS server etc. The ICT Network Manager leads the work of a team of full-time and part-time ICT technicians. In addition the applicant will need to work closely with the VLE Manager, Data Manager and a variety of other user groups. Leadership and Management skills essential.

We offer:
    • 71% 5 A*-C GCSEs including Maths and English
    • a multi-cultural, oversubscribed, high-performing, 11- 19 comprehensive school
    • a vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 550 students; 99% of Year 13 progress to university
    • friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues – including a new Headteacher
    • excellent, state-of-the-art facilities in a well-resourced, new school
    • interactive technology across the school
    • Greenford High School is a Training School which offers excellent CPD programmes

Starting Date: negotiable, preferably asap
    Closing Date: 22nd October 9.00 am

Application packs are available from Dawn Druce (PA to Headteacher/HR) – ddruce@greenford.ealing.sch.uk or 020 8578 9152, or from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk

rad
    Thank Post
    Sorry if you are linked, is this one post or two?
    The website currently shows "no Vacancies" just wondered where it was seen.

Thank Post
    Sorry, the website is about to be updated give it half an hour. And just to confirm this is for one post for either a Network Manager or Senior IT Technician.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rad I have the same issue...I am unable to find it

Thank Post
    It's on the site now

Thank Post
    I wish this was in the Northwest, looks really good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tekee View Post
    Sorry, the website is about to be updated give it half an hour. And just to confirm this is for one post for either a Network Manager or Senior IT Technician.
    Is this because the current senior tech is likely to get the NM position?

Thank Post
    It's a great opportunity for anyone with the skill set to move up the chain of command. The network here really is good and has everything you could want to get stuck in to.

A bit of a copy/paste from the application details...

The school presently has a large network of more than 1400 workstations including 150 laptops with a state of the art data centre having Cisco 6513 core switches, more than 20TB of EMC SAN storage, more than 15 physical servers and same number of virtual servers running in a VMWARE ESX Enterprise environment. Our Data centre is based on:
    • Dell’s 2950 and 1950 server hardware as well as some legacy Intel servers.
    • Backup solution is based on disk-disk-tape topology with tape solution on Dell ML6000 (LTO3) tape library.
    • All servers run on Windows 2003 SR2 or Debian / Red Hat unix.
    • School’s network is based on a pure vanilla server side with Novell’s Zenworks ver 10 deployed for workstation imaging; remote desktop management as well as application roll out.
    • In addition, school’s VLE runs on MOSS 2007 (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server) which includes SLK 2007, MS Exchange 2007 and SQL 2005.
    • School’s management information systems run on Capita’s SIMS software.
    • School’s telephony system runs over the structured cabling with BT ISDN line, Mitel’s 3300 ICP VoIP server and IP5212 telephones deployed to the desks.
    • School’s internet backbone is provided by Synetrix via LGfL network.
    • School’s website is built and managed in-house.
    • JVC provided CCTV solution with about 100 IP cameras and network video recorders.

Greenford High school’s campus style premises have 7 blocks and boast an impressive coverage of the whole school with 12 core fibre optic connection to each block from the main comms room. An individual comms room for each block and CAT6 structured cabling to the end user device throughout with more than 2500 data outlets. The wireless coverage is site wide using Cisco Aironet solution.

Included in the 1400+ workstations across the school, there are about 25 ICT suites. All 90+ teaching rooms are equiped with teacher’s workstation, Promethean’s Active Board, Epson projectors and Nuvo sound system. All workstations run Windows XP and have loads of curriculum software installed in addition to Microsoft Office 2007. Printing and scanning facilities are available throughout school. Learning Resource Area (for 6th form) has 95 workstations for use by students throughout the school day.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post here and i'll do my best to answer them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    Is this because the current senior tech is likely to get the NM position?
    He will probably apply, but he's no more likely to get it than anyone else.

Thank Post
    I applied for this job when it was first advertised quite some time ago. I must admit, the facilities at the school are very impressive with an extremely friendly staff as well. A great opportunity for someone closer than me.

dsk

Thank Post
    Never mind, the ICT manager job description actually included the Senior tech!
    Last edited by dsk; 6th October 2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: me being silly

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Did anyone from Edugeek get this position anyone know ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I applied but wasnt even offered a tour of the facilities, explanation given that I didnt meet the requirements wanted for Senior Tech

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I applied but wasnt even offered a tour of the facilities, explanation given that I didnt meet the requirements wanted for Senior Tech
    This job advert was a racket from the start - I'm sure it was filled internally, you have got ICT qualifications etc, I haven't [ too old ] so I'm surprised you didn't get a tour.

15. Thanks to mattx from:

nephilim (25th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was shocked, as was my boss, especially when we both said I should have walked that job spec with my eyes shut.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast