+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Network Manager / Snr ICT Technician (Enhanced CRB) - London in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Jobs @ Jobsite: Network Manager / Snr ICT Technician (Enhanced CRB) - London...

Thank Post

Network Manager / Snr ICT Technician (Enhanced CRB) - London

Thank Post
    Only a 3 month job but requires an enhanced CRB check. Can this be accomplished within 3 months?

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by timzim View Post
    Only a 3 month job but requires an enhanced CRB check. Can this be accomplished within 3 months?
    "Must hold current 'enhanced' level CRB check" it says in the advert. I have one for my employment here; I presume it goes with you if you move jobs?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theeldergeek View Post
    I have one for my employment here; I presume it goes with you if you move jobs?
    Yeah but down to establishments' discretion and the CRB say:

The CRB no longer facilitates portability, organisations that choose to accept a previously issued Disclosure do so at their own risk
    Source: Portability
    Last edited by sparkeh; 20th April 2010 at 06:54 PM.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Yeah but down to establishments' discretion and the CRB say:

Source: Portability
    Guess the firm in question are happy to take the risk then if they want someone who already holds one.

Thank Post
    Owning a CRB means nothing if it's not been done very recently, i.e. when you are appointed to a new job & before you actually start.

If say a person got sacked from their last job because they were convicted of a sex offence then they could still be in posession of a CRB certificate which states that they have no convictions. If a school accepted this without renewing/checking the convicted offender would be back working with kids. So there shouldn't be any discretion - it should surely be compulsory to re-check the CRB? Otherwise the whole CRB process is a complete farce.

Thank Post
    I'm recruiting for this role too so if anyone wants some advise on applying PM me ;-)

Thank Post
    I thought a CRB was only valid on the day, I've needed a new one even when I changed jobs even within the same LA so technicaly I was still working for the same employer.

Thank Post

crb

technically they are only as good as the day they are released by the police but its all about managing risk until the new ISA registration numbers come out (what should have been done originally)

This employer will accept CRB's as long as they are enhanced and under 3 years old. The agency is in effect the employer and it will be on their heads to do further risk assessments and hopefully another CRB check but in the interim the employer would allow the agency staff to start work at the school

there are some councils who will not have any engineers on site unless the council has processed the CRB in effect restricting emplyment to a waiting time of possibly 4-8 weeks or someone who has worked through the council before on one of their CRB's

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Townsend View Post
    ...This employer will accept CRB's as long as they are enhanced and under 3 years old. The agency is in effect the employer and it will be on their heads to do further risk assessments and hopefully another CRB check but in the interim the employer would allow the agency staff to start work at the school

there are some councils who will not have any engineers on site unless the council has processed the CRB in effect restricting emplyment to a waiting time of possibly 4-8 weeks or someone who has worked through the council before on one of their CRB's
    Added to that, they can also List99 you

-Ken

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Townsend View Post
    technically they are only as good as the day they are released by the police but its all about managing risk until the new ISA registration numbers come out (what should have been done originally)
    But this is not designed to replace CRBs. The ISA registration will only check your suitability to work with chidren and vulnerable adults. There may be other considerations that won't show on a vetting and barring check that could also influence suitablilty such as previous convictions for theft, fraud etc. These will still need a CRB check to show them up.

Thank Post
    i think given the CRB is in effect obsolute the day after it is cleared the ISA check which is updated as soon as any child protection issues are flagged up will give schools a better sense of security than the current method is what I am trying to get at with that statement

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread