+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, job title terminology in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi all, I'm from Aus and interested in working in the UK. I've both IT and teaching qualifications and my ...

Thank Post

job title terminology

Hi all,
    I'm from Aus and interested in working in the UK. I've both IT and teaching qualifications and my current role involves a mixture of teaching, staff development, higher level systems administration and IT management.
    We have job in schools called ICT integrators whose main role is to assist with the integration of technology across the curriculum.
    Does such a position exist in the UK?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phi_lemon View Post
    Hi all,
    We have job in schools called ICT integrators whose main role is to assist with the integration of technology across the curriculum.
    Does such a position exist in the UK?
    Yes, such positions do exist. Although you may struggle to nail down a specific job title for such a role, i've seen such roles advertised or referred to as ICT Coordinator, ICT curriculum manager, and even ICT Manager. the latter implies management of the ict infrastructure, but there's usually an NM for the technical side.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Yes, such positions do exist. Although you may struggle to nail down a specific job title for such a role, i've seen such roles advertised or referred to as ICT Coordinator, ICT curriculum manager, and even ICT Manager. the latter implies management of the ict infrastructure, but there's usually an NM for the technical side.
    My boss is a director of IT, he has all the jobs you have mentioned rolled into one job, hes basicly a NM but get asked a few questions now and then about how best to but IT into good use in other subjects e.g english or what not, but they seem to have him by the collar and he gets assigned anything none of the slt want to do, so at the moment he is currently sorting out quotes for a 'snack shake' an outdoor canteen type of thing with a roof etc!

toby

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread