Educational IT Jobs Thread, Assistant ICT and Network Co-ordinator in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; This post has just become available so please take this as a job description in progress.
Contact me for more ...
17th December 2009, 03:56 PM #1
Assistant ICT and Network Co-ordinator
This post has just become available so please take this as a job description in progress.
Contact me for more details.
Location: Moat Community College - Leicester
£24-£27K Full time - Permanent (well, as permanent as anything with BSF on the horizon gets these days)
Summary of job tasks:
Key Tasks overall purpose will be achieved by:
- Assisting teachers in their use of ICT.
- Working in partnership with teaching staff to develop ICT in Schemes of work across the key stages.
- Creating ICT resources in collaboration with teaching staff.
- Being responsible for the development of the MLE so that it becomes a platform for independent learning.
- Providing ICT support to students by supporting lessons where ICT is used and attending/running homework clubs at lunchtimes/before or after school
- Liaising with teaching staff and the ICT Network coordinator to understand the learning objectives of each lesson.
- Being responsible for the configuration/maintenance of the school’s ICT networks.
- Providing technical support for all users, curriculum, administrative and extended schools.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Experience of administering a Windows Server 2003/2008 network, using Active Directory.
- Experience of website maintenance and development.
- Experience of using SharePoint/ SharePoint Designer.
- Experience of supporting others in the use of ICT with a wide range of skill levels.
- Experience of creating user guidance material.
- Experience of producing written reports on development proposals/performance metrics.
- An interest in and knowledge of current ICT developments and trends.
- Experience of troubleshooting ICT technical problems.
- Ability to configure network switches and setup IP4 routing
- Experience of creating and distributing computer images using Ghost or Windows Distribution Services
Last edited by tdawson; 18th December 2009 at 02:27 PM.
IDG Tech News
17th December 2009, 05:06 PM #2
Location, Location, Location!
Website may help too.
17th December 2009, 05:42 PM #3
Looks like the OP's school with the "contact me for more details".
21st December 2009, 02:50 PM #4
- Rep Power
how do i apply for this job??
21st December 2009, 03:19 PM #5
21st December 2009, 10:14 PM #6
The jobs section seems to be a nit picking paradise. Spelling, websites the lot. Give everyone some slack guys. If you are resentful about your own wages you won't get a better deal slating pay or picking up errors on others websites etc..
Not saying anyone in particular but just what i have seen a few times or more now on these job boards. We are on the same team as said above. Nobody is perfect. My network is far from it. Peace love and all that
Thanks to dalsoth from:
tdawson (23rd December 2009)
21st December 2009, 10:21 PM #7
Noted and corrected - darn that boilerplate.
21st December 2009, 11:11 PM #8
Will be looking to apply for this Although will have to have a think about job security with BSF on the horizon. Good luck to anyone else who applies.
Out of interest what is likely to happen to this post when BSF roles in?
Edit: Whens the closing date?
Last edited by mossj; 21st December 2009 at 11:21 PM.
22nd December 2009, 12:29 AM #9
We will be trying to position the job so that it is more a curriculum ICT development role than ICT support and therefore retained by the school through BSF rather than tuped to Northgate.
Closing date Jan 15th which is why I'm trying to source through EduGeek as I figure it's quicker than paper based ads and I know that there are plenty of talented people here already working in similar environments.
Last edited by tdawson; 22nd December 2009 at 01:12 AM.
Thanks to tdawson from:
mossj (22nd December 2009)
By DaveP in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 13th September 2008, 01:46 AM
By InTheDark in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 19th May 2008, 02:40 PM
By dustmite in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 18th April 2008, 11:30 PM
By steele_uk in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 26th April 2007, 04:14 PM
By steve in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 19th October 2005, 09:21 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread