Educational IT Jobs Thread, Academies Director of ICT in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; The Leigh Academies Trust in Dartford, Kent, require a Academies Director of ICT . Job description is outlined below. CVs, ...
30th November 2009, 05:29 PM #1
- Rep Power
Academies Director of ICT
The Leigh Academies Trust in Dartford, Kent, require a Academies Director of ICT. Job description is outlined below. CVs, covering letters and salary expectations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 24th December 2009. Interviews will be in early January 2010.
You will be responsible for ensuring the ICT services across all Academies associated with the Leigh Academies Trust are robust, secure, safe, resilient, scalable and responsive.
Central to your responsibilities will be the accountability for ensuring the Trustís ICT technical architecture is stable, based on industry standards and is developed within a sustainable environment.
Qualifications and Experience
The desired applicant should be:
- Able to demonstrate relevant and up to date experience of managing layer 2/3 networks across more than one location. This includes understanding and implementing best practice of network management such as quality of service, VLAN configuration and performance management.
- Understand and have experience of structuring and managing an ICT environment following ITIL principles.
- Have experience of leading and managing a large team of IT Technicians. This includes day-to-day management, team organisation and continual professional development.
- Have very good communication skills and be able to demonstrate experience of engaging with a range of stakeholder groups.
- Have experience of managing ICT procurement. This includes requirements gathering, technical specification, tendering and evaluation. OJEU compliant experience is desirable.
- Be educated to degree level with applicable professional qualifications.
Strategic Planning for ICT
- Develop a strategic plan for the development and improvement of the ICT organisation for the Academies currently within the Leigh Academies Trust (Longfield Academy and Leigh Technology Academy).
- Develop, following ITIL principles, a roadmap for the standardisation of the technology architecture between the Academies within the Leigh Academies Trust.
- Develop industry standard metrics to report on the performance of the ICT operations for the Academies within the Leigh Academies Trust.
- Identify and put in place plans to ensure compliance with all proposed required governmental legislation, PfS and Becta policies.
- Work with the Directors of Learning in all Academies to put in place a structure which manages the process of identifying and then providing the right technology as required to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Work with the Business Director to put in place a structure which manages the process of identifying and then providing the right technology as required to facilitate business management and administration.
- To provide technical expertise to assist in the preparation of bids for funding.
- Identify, organise and implement a training structure that enables all technical, administrative and teaching staff on use of ICT systems.
Technical development of the Leigh and Longfield Academy ICT architecture.
- Development of the ICT architecture (includes network, servers, storage, applications, management tools) to maximise the investment in technology and ensure efficient deployment of resources.
- Create technology roadmaps for all areas of ICT architecture. This includes client devices, classroom audio visual, applications and software.
- Identify aspects that need development and provide relevant leadership and training.
Development of the use of ICT in the curriculum and administration
- Investigating and supporting the implementation of ICT in the curriculum, including E Learning.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant educational standards such as shibboleth and SCORM 2004.
- Accountability for responding to and implementing administrative and educational technology requirements.
Compliance with all current and future legislation and best practice principles.
- To ensure that the Academies comply with Health & Safety legislation in relation to ICT hardware and use;
- To ensure that the Academies are acting responsibly and legally with respect to copyright, computer misuse and data protection.
- Coordinating with Kent BSF ICT Managed Services provider so the Leigh Academies Trust can fully integrate at an architectural and data level. This is specifically relevant to policies such as Every Child Matters.
To manage, oversee and develop the work of the ICT support departments at both Academies.
- To manage a team consisting of two Network Managers, one each located at Leigh Technology Academy and Longfield Academy and associated teams of technicians.
- To meet regularly with the team to provide direction, support and quality control.
- Develop ICT policies, processes and procedures in accordance with the strategic development of the Leigh Academies Trust.
- To ensure the teams participate in CPD and Performance Management and implement best practice such as ITIL and PRINCE2.
- To have overall technical responsibility and accountability for the ICT architecture.
- To maximise the Leigh Academies Trust in personnel, ensuring effective and efficient deployment between the Academies.
Compliance with Health & Safety and E-safety regulations and advice
- Ensure all ICT users are aware of Health & Safety issues surrounding the use of ICT equipment.
- Ensure in liaison with the Business Director that ICT is accounted for in the relevant health and safety documents, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a clear strategy to ensure that all the Academies stakeholders understand and demonstrate safe and responsible behaviour when using ICT.
- Demonstrate how the school employs technical e-safety and security measures without inhibiting the ability of teachers and learners to harness the power of technology.
- Demonstrate how all members of the school community are educated and trained to behave in a safe, secure and responsible manner when using ICT in and beyond the school.
- Develop the Academies ICT service in line with educational objectives.
- To ensure that legal and contractual obligations relating to ICT resources, systems and services are met.
- Organise and oversee the installation, management and maintenance of the Academies ICT and telecoms resources
- Design and implement an ICT architecture that meets the needs of both Academies.
- Ensure effective and efficient manage the ICT architecture of all Academies, implementing ITIL principles where appropriate and reporting service availability metrics.
- Ensure ICT service availability both internal and external access into the Academies intranet.
- Actively monitor legal requirements for H&S
- Develop standard ICT policies, processes and procedures. This includes service management, configuration management, change management and issue management.
- Develop technology standards the Academies will support and communicate these to all users. Do so within a Service Catalogue and after identification of the technologies which can be supported.
- Analyse risks to key ICT systems and agree priorities; maintain and regularly review contingency plans for whole-Academy ICT systems and for technical support. Comprehensive business continuity plans are required for identifiable risks.
- Ensure all non-BAU activities and projects are planned for following standard methodologies such as PRINCE2.
- Develop ICT financial management processes and procurement policies with reference to Academies procedures; manage tenders for ICT resources and advise on the appropriate use of national and local framework contracts.
- Ensure management of the ICT support teamís workload and priorities; carry out annual performance management reviews for the two Network Managers and other team members and identify specific areas of CPD.
IDG Tech News
30th November 2009, 06:45 PM #2
What Academies do they run?
30th November 2009, 06:58 PM #3
- Rep Power
They run the Leigh and Longfield Academy's...
2nd December 2009, 08:58 AM #4
- Rep Power
I help run Special Agent the EduGeek job forum sponsor and I am a specialist supplier of staff to the education ICT sector. My company works with consultancies and service delivery companies like hornigold and hills and mouchel and also Academy groups including Ark and Harris.
I'd be keen to help you in your search for this key role and I could really add some value to your search efforts given I have 8.5 years experience in this sector
Let me know your number and i'll explain further
By IanT in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 28th September 2009, 03:48 PM
By KWestos in forum General Chat
Last Post: 30th April 2009, 01:16 PM
By FN-GM in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 14th April 2009, 12:21 PM
By steveg in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 17th November 2008, 03:38 PM
By FN-GM in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 1st October 2008, 07:24 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)