+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Career Change Ideas Please in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Originally Posted by Jiser Thats what I was on at one point. Its a joke! Considering you get people str8 ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post
    Thats what I was on at one point. Its a joke! Considering you get people str8 out of college who go to 1st line on 18k.

Why are you doing this job? Unless there was nothing else or you have a specific reason?

Put it this way - People during my placement year at Uni were on 15k and that was with no experience at all apart from 2 years at uni which in most cases amounts to buger all.
    i was on 11k. 8 years ago. while on industrial placement. private sector. plus got a company mobile phone.

it's strange that some employers can't beat what was offered to a university student with zero experience, back when labour hadn't even got started with spending multi-billions in health and education. In some areas the cost of buying a house has gone up 200% since then.

and this is progress ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 972 Posts
    Whether it works or not I was thinking along the lines of a retired millionaire ( one can only dream )

Would be nice if I could get back into hands on networking

Thank Post
    I've decided to focus on looking for IT support jobs outside of education for the moment.

I researched nursing and although the funding would be provided by the NHS and i would be entitled to a bursary, i dont think i could handle going back to a part time job and loss of responsibility that comes with it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    Wealthy retired person (55) with good health and a good partner who shares all together.

Imagine the sheer enjoyment factor of getting up (or not depending on the weather factor/ whether you want to get up or not) in a morning and just doing what you want with no questions asked and having the money and health to do it.

Thank Post
    Thats what I was on at one point. Its a joke! Considering you get people str8 out of college who go to 1st line on 18k.

Why are you doing this job? Unless there was nothing else or you have a specific reason?

Put it this way - People during my placement year at Uni were on 15k and that was with no experience at all apart from 2 years at uni which in most cases amounts to buger all.
    honestly i ask myself that most days haha, i do enjoy it but im getting tired of just "getting by" but there's not much else out there :/

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiesta View Post
    honestly i ask myself that most days haha, i do enjoy it but im getting tired of just "getting by" but there's not much else out there :/
    Just keep looking every day! Imagine its quite hard in Devon if your in the more rural of locations. Get some I.T. certs under your belt to make you look better.

Thank Post
    Just keep looking every day! Imagine its quite hard in Devon if your in the more rural of locations. Get some I.T. certs under your belt to make you look better.
    yeah got to take some exams in bristol soon then if i pass ill be apple certified

Thank Post
    I was on 10k at my placement job - I had to keep my previous job to see it through - 57.5 hours a week.

That was in 2007 - I'm not too bothered, since it looks wicked on the CV!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123