Here's an interesting one for any of our east-coast members!
I don't know if Richard would accept people wishing to relocate from UK, but if you are good/willing enough, it may be worth a try - certainly PM me
Note: SmoothWall US deals much more predominantly with Schools than SW UK, so this would be a very education focussed role.
SmoothWall, Inc. is recruiting a support engineer to join the US team based in the Southpark district of Charlotte, NC. Primary responsibilities include answering support calls and emails from both reseller partners and end user customers, and seeing problems through to resolution whilst providing first class customer service.
This is the first support role to be based out of our US offices, so the successful candidate will be required to liaise with the technical teams in the UK to ensure that product knowledge is maintained in line with the role.
Being the first of a number of planned technical roles to be based out of the US also means that future prospects for progression within the role into management are excellent for the right candidate.
A passport is required, as there will be a period of initial training in the UK office. Please state on your application that you hold a valid, full passport to be considered!
- Answering customer support requests by email or phone
- Reporting bugs to support manager and/or developers
- Testing and replicating customer setups
- Liaison with central support department in UK
- Occasional pre-sales field visits to support the sales teams
- Software testing.
- Previous support experience.
- Good phone and email manner.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and how they work at a protocol level.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with VPN.
- Experience with proxy and web filtering.
- Experience with Active directory/ eDirectory systems
- Any relevant.
- Patient and understanding to needs and attitudes of colleagues and customers
- Ability to work on own initiative and creative ability to solve problems
- Strong work ethic with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Flexible approach to work and a willingness to learn new concepts.
- Able to work in a primarily sales oriented office environment
Salary: $30-40k (That's *dollars* folks)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)