This one looks like it might be a bit of a challenge...
Network Manager - CVSB03
Kent - Northfleet
Northgate Information Solutions Limited is a market leader in providing specialist software, outsourcing and information technology (IT) services to the Human Resources, Local Government, Education and Public Safety markets.
Northgate, which is owned by private equity company Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), currently employs over 8,000 staff and operates in 46 countries across 5 continents.
Northgate has approximately 4,500 large/medium customers and approximately 10,500 small to medium enterprise customers world wide. The many corporate organisations Northgate works closely with include over 20% of fortune 500 clients,90% of the UK local authorities and all of the UK’s police forces.
Northgate Managed Services provides infrastructure solutions to organisations across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and specialist ICT managed service solutions in education, government and utilities.
We have the expertise, built upon extensive local knowledge, and the scale, size and fit to meet the needs of all our customers - from large multi-national enterprises to small district councils.
Northgate's managed service solutions serve customers in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors from 25 offices across the UK - in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Our highly detailed local knowledge is backed up by our ability to deliver national projects on time and to scale and supported by our network of highly experienced field service staff throughout the UK.
To take overall responsibility for Management & Development of the chools entire IT infrastructure. By carrying out maintenance and support ICT network, you will ensure that the schools systems perform to their optimum levels, ensuring that the ICT provision supports the Educational needs of the school.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of the reliability and consistent performance of all the schools ICT systems, curriculum and Administration
- Leadership of the provision of a comprehensive support service for ICT users, staff and students, in accordance of the ICT policy
- Maintenance of all school hardware and cabling in accordance with health & safety requirements
- Management of computer facilities and rooms to ensure they are fit for purpose, preparing computers and software ready for use as required by the schools staff
- Management responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of software, licensing, installation and removal, ensuring all software operates as required
- Responsible of ensuring integrity of user data, implementing passwords, user accounts, backups and virus prevention
- To liaise with suppliers and support organisations, ensuring maintenance & support agreements are in place
- To undertake feasibility studies on equipment and software, produce costings and advise on strategic development of ICT systems
- To keep detailed current inventory of software and hardware, cabling and system diagrams and maintain stock consumables where appropriate
- To provide regular statistical reports on hardware and software use as required
- For the functionality and repair of all school computing equipment, rectifying problems and effecting necessary repairs within an adequate timescale
- To support and contribute to the development of the infrastructure and materials for e-learning
- To keep abreast of current and new developments in ICT for education in order to support new projects
- Leadership and development of equipment used for teaching and learning such as interactive white boards and video conferencing, in required classrooms and suited computer rooms
- Management of Internet access in line with the school policy
- Leadership and development of the ICT technicians
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Have a formal qualification at an appropriate level in an ICT discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience of a similar post in a school or college would be an advantage
- Be conversant with the latest developments in ICT and have good knowledge of:
- Managing networks
- Managing a broadband internet connection
- Intranet and web technologies
- SIMS. Net
- Capability of further enhancing the schools ICT provision
- Be able to organise, prioritise and manage workloads effectively
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Be flexible in way of working
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Good and proven problem determination and solving skills
- Experience of using system management tools to increase productivity and efficiency during implementation and on going operations
- Experience of fault identification and resolution on LAN infrastructure. Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP related issues at modular level.
- Experience of User Administration support on Microsoft Active Directory networks, Microsoft Exchange mail server technologies, and Microsoft web services
- Working knowledge in at least three technical areas such as Windows 2000/2003, MS Exchange 2003, MS-Office 2003
- A good technical understanding of the standard hardware and software technologies e.g. PDAs, Laptops
- Broad experience of Educational IT solutions or similar infrastructures and environments
- An appreciation of ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Backup technologies
- Knowledge of AV and Security update deployment technologies/methods
- Knowledge of Server and Network Hardware
- Active Directory
- E-Mail Filtering software
- Windows 2003 Backup and Restore techniques
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Configure Exchange Polices
- Disaster Recovery Techniques and Best Practices
Security Clearance / CRB Clearance
All candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK. Documentary proof will be requested at interview.
Advertising website: Link
Last edited by DaveP; 22nd August 2009 at 09:28 AM.
haha yeah it is ! I work for Norhgate in South kent. I do enjoy my job tho keeps me busy !
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)