+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, NHS ICT technician in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi all, my firt post on this forum... so firstly wanna say hi !!!! Now down to business. Im an ...

Thank Post

NHS ICT technician

Hi all, my firt post on this forum... so firstly wanna say hi !!!!

Now down to business.

Im an electronics engineer and currently hold a couple of RSA 1 & 2 certs + an Open university IT and computing cert.
    I am after getting into the NHS as an ICT tech or similiar role and was wondering if anyone could give me advice to the interview process, qualifications needed or desirable & any general info on how to get into it.
    I have looked around and these roles seem very few and far between so can imagine theres a real scrap for them.

Thanks for any advice.

Thank Post
    I can't tell you the process as I've never gone thru the interview process for the NHS. However I've copied this from a job advert for a ICT Tech at one of the NHS trusts:

You must possess current knowledge of PC hardware, coupled with an understanding of Windows 2000/XP /Vista and Office products. Working knowledge of Exchange 5.5/2003 also highly desirable. You will be required to demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Trust Staff.
    Generally speaking the recommended 3 or 4 main entry level/1st tier certs would be the following: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, the MCDST and the MCTS: Vista.

For more info on the job available at the NHS, see here.

-Ken

Thank Post
    You may well find that a fair number of NHS IT jobs are actually out-sourced. Our local Primary Care Trust has their own team at the hospital, but support for the GP surgeries is provided by a third-party (who actually sub-contract us, as we're on the Isle of Wight). The actual out-sourcing company used by our PCT has gone through a number of mergers recently, but I *think* it's currently Servo (IT Service Management - Servo) - may be worth seeing if they have any jobs in your area.

Stephen

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread