Thought I would put this one up as I do benefit from a good candidate for the post as they will take some of the things we do for Media and Performing Arts from me and my tech and ensure my boss isn't as stressed without having his DT Tech!

Settle College, a Technology College in the Yorkshire Dales, are currently seeking to recruit a Creative & Media /Design Technology Technician. The successful candidate must have good ICT and Practical skills to provide technical support for learning and teaching within Design Technology, Media Studies and Performing Arts.

Please click the link below to download an application pack for the vacancy which includes full details of the position and all application forms.

Application Pack for Design Technology / Creative & Media Technician

Closing Date - Friday 31st July 2009

Envisaged Interview Date - Wednesday 19th August 2009

I will say that we have just invested significant cash on installing an dedicated 8 PC & 1 Mac Media Studies teaching Room with top of the range HP PCs and 22" TFTs with Adobe Premier Elements, this will come into use in September (so long as me and my tech get all the work done!) Media has 2 Sony HD Camcorders and 4 Standard Digital Camcorders, and some other bits and bobs. Performing Arts has 2 spaces, a dedicated teaching room and the hall where Christmas Productions will take place. Each space has dedicated dimmer packs but the lighting and sound system are shared between the spaces unfortunately (due to lack of cash at present), lighting desk is a Zero 88 Alcora and the sound desk that is used by Performing Arts is an all in one unit by a make I forgot despite it being in my office (whoops!) they also have access to a Behringer desk and power amp for driving the speaker set.

If anyone has any questions that are not answered in the pack drop me a line and I will try to help.

Source: http://www.settlecollege.org.uk/home...tvacancies.htm