+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Applying for a new job/promotion in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I currently work in a school as an IT technician. We currently have 1 (me) IT technician and a assitant ...

Thank Post

Applying for a new job/promotion

I currently work in a school as an IT technician. We currently have 1 (me) IT technician and a assitant network manager and network manager. The assistant is leaving, and i feel i should definatly apply for the job. I have bee n have for around 2 and half years and feel i know the school system really well and have gained alot of experience. I have no formal qualifications although i have attended a 5 day training course CompTIA A+ but as of yeat have not completed the exam.

Can anyone give me any tips or links to personal statements that i can look at, its a simple application form, with additional space reserved for other information in support of your application.

I basically learn everything in a practical situation, knowing something instantly when shown and i can quickly build on very basic instructions to convey complicated operations.

Thank Post

Re: Applying for a new job/promotion

I think you should defo go for it, you have nothing to loose. If it was me who was the NM i would rather have someone working under me who has experience and knowledge of how my network runs than have some one completely new in who has to learn where eveything is from scratch..........but thats just me.

GIve it a go, nothing to loose. If you dont go for it you will kick your self, and if you are not succesful it may change the way you look for career movement in the future.

Thank Post

Re: Applying for a new job/promotion

[quote="danIT"]Can anyone give me any tips or links to personal statements that i can look at, its a simple application form, with additional space reserved for other information in support of your application.

quote]

I'd say go for it, especially if that's the direction you want to go in anyway.

Wouldn't worry too much about not having the A++ exam under your belt, you can always point out that that is more geared towards a IT technician position rather than a ( assistant ) network manager position anyway.

A selling point you might like to try is to tell them that you think the assistant managers are the ones that know the jobs above and below them in the heirachy of things, that way they really do know what's possible in the situation they're in and in emergencies can cover either position for a short period.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread