+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Informatics Officer interview in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hello Everyone, I have an interview for an Informatics officer post in the NHS in Birmingham. A feature of the ...

Thank Post

Informatics Officer interview

Hello Everyone,
    I have an interview for an Informatics officer post in the NHS in Birmingham. A feature of the interview is a "test of analytical skills using a computer and standard office software". I have had a similar test for an NHS position, which I found to be quite simple and I therefore think that this one will be a lot harder.

In doing my research regarding the interview I found this link which is very interesting:

Got an Information Officer (Analyst) interview at the NHS!!
    The above link contains the EXACT job description of the one I am being interviewed for, so what do you think I can read into this? The job is already vacant again after just a maximum of 2 months!

Can anybody give me any more info regarding what to expect form the interview/test? any help woulf be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Larrson

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larrson86 View Post
    so what do you think I can read into this? The job is already vacant again after just a maximum of 2 months!
    Their analytical skills weren't so good?

It mostly sound like you need to revise How To Use Excel, even the statistical functions that no-one knows how to use. Figuring out Excel pivot tables is probably worthwhile, and it might be a good idea to brush up on your basic GCSE / A-Level statistics. Get the hang of using the text-to-columns feature to load data in from random text files and the CONCATENATE function to make text strings again out of bits of data. In reality, when you start work there you might do a faster job if you use a scripting language of some kind to chug through lots of data.

--
    David Hicks

3. Thanks to dhicks from:

larrson86 (21st June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread