+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Tips to fill in applicaton in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hi there anyone pls help me to provide good idea of these questions to get a job. 1. Tell me ...

Thank Post

Tips to fill in applicaton

Hi there anyone pls help me to provide good idea of these questions to get a job.

1. Tell me when you solve a problem using analyticaly?
    2. Tell me when you make decison for.....
    3. where do you rank yourself within your undergraduate course comparison with the others.
    4. which of your achievements has given you the most satisfaction and why
    5. What has attracted you to apply for this postion
    6. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses.
    7. What can you do for the company.

many thanks.

Thank Post
    If you are applying for a job and these questions are being asked on an application form which is what i am assuming you have said, then i would say you need to answer them yourself as coming on here and asking for tips probably shows you are not suitable and would only help put someone in a position that they did not merit.

I am assuming you are asking us to answer these for you from an app form. Sorry if this sounds harsh but i am only being honest.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    If you are applying for a job...
    I totally agree with dalsoth. Those questions are your opinion and no one can answer them but yourself. They seem hard to answer but look in the mirror and ask yourself the questions and you should be able to answer them.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    If the application form has those questions on them, you wouldn't want to work for that company.

Seriously, who besides people who have no idea what they are doing still asks for strengths and weaknesses.

Thank Post

Application.

I have answers for all these question but i need some experience helps and tips as last two month i sent out lots of application, didn't get none of them. If i can get some expertise idea this could be a chance I can compare myself with professional one and do better. and i want see where i am going wrong.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonayed View Post
    I have answers for all these question but i need some experience helps and tips as last two month i sent out lots of application, didn't get none of them. If i can get some expertise idea this could be a chance I can compare myself with professional one and do better. and i want see where i am going wrong.
    Post your answers here, let others suggest how you could improve them...

Thank Post
    I just don't think helping someone improve those particular types of questions is fair. The employer is looking for a personal answer relating to the particular candidate. To help someone with this stuff in my eyes would be cheating the employer out of a fair chance at hiring the correct candidate.

If someone struggles with these questions for whatever reason then i believe that they are perhaps aiming too high or at the wrong type of job.

If you rewrite someones CV because it looks a mess then i can accept that. If you help someone with cleaning up or answering these questions then i would say that is cheating and wrong.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    I just don't think helping someone improve those particular types of questions is fair. The employer is looking for a personal answer relating to the particular candidate. To help someone with this stuff in my eyes would be cheating the employer out of a fair chance at hiring the correct candidate.

If someone struggles with these questions for whatever reason then i believe that they are perhaps aiming too high or at the wrong type of job.
    Agreed. It seemed more polite than saying "Of course you've already got the answers and just wanted to check them..." though

Thank Post
    and even attempting to answer some of them without knowing the job specification would be rediculous?!?!

7. What can you do for the company. I can sell ice-creams at lunchtime to all staff, improving the profit making capabilities of the company and keeping the staff happy and sustained!

You see?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't want to offend, but you come across as someone for whom English is not their first language and that might be why you are struggling to get good answers to these questions.

If you can find someone who can do a mock interview with you then you may find it easier to get the answers in your own words - they should be able to prompt you when you get stuck and if they know you at least a little then this will also help (there really is no point in someone else telling you what you can bring to a company!)

Thank Post
    I somewhat agree with SRochford - poor grammar/spelling on an application form is a big no-no, especially if the person has a university education. Don't write the way that you speak - i.e. don't use colloquialisms.

We all have unique talents and skills which we give to our employer - you have to ask what yours are?

Strengths and weaknesses - we all have them - what are you good at, and what are you weak at. In respect to the things you are weak at, what are you going to do about them?

In this current climate, employers don't just want someone who can do the job; they also want 'added value' - i.e. what skills/talents do they get for free!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What is your CV like? Maybe it needs a bit of tweaking? I am happy to have a look at it once I have looked over a couple I already have...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonayed View Post
    Hi there anyone pls help me to provide good idea of these questions to get a job.

1. Tell me when you solve a problem using analytically?
    2. Tell me when you make decision for.....
    3. where do you rank yourself within your undergraduate course comparison with the others.
    4. which of your achievements has given you the most satisfaction and why
    5. What has attracted you to apply for this position
    6. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses.
    7. What can you do for the company.
    Yes there is certainly a pattern there. They are asking for your answers. You need to give your own answers and if you are not happy with any of the answers then you need to think what you can do to improve them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread