Chaps, big ask here but it would be to work with the Market leader cv's to firstname.lastname@example.org
An industry leading client which provides Management Information Solutions for Schools and Local Authorities.
The Configuration Specialist works in the Solutions Team and is responsible for maintaining hardware and VMWare ESX virtual Servers for different departments to use, particularly in relation to SIMS Learning Gateway 2 and the Active Directory Provisioning Service software. Excellent communication skills and a passion for excellent customer care are required along with a strong interest and awareness of IT and an excellent understanding of industry standard Microsoft applications. An eagerness to learn new software and technologies is also required. The primary role for this job is to maintain various infrastructures within VMWare ESX Server and ensure that these are kept in date with current in house software releases.
The successful candidate must have experience in automating Windows Server 2008 and/or automating VMWare ESX Server.
In addition to the implementation of multiple Windows environments the successful candidate will be expected to produce supporting documentation and maintain the developed and deployed solutions on an ongoing basis. This documentation will need to be available in a library format to internal colleagues.
- Configure and maintain a baseline of different environments for SLG and ADPS
- Monitor and apply service packs for operating systems as they are released
- Keep a collection of SIMS databases up to date with the latest releases
- On every release of SLG and ADPS upgrade the virtual machines to ensure there is a full set of required platforms
- Archive unsupported SIMS/SLG releases to free up resource
- Contribute towards the knowledge of colleagues within the Solutions Team
- Consistently achieve high performance targets
- Any other tasks which will be in line with customer and business needs.
Additional preferred requirements:
Experience in having worked within software company would be advantageous. The candidate must come from a strong VMWare ESX Server background with the ability to work closely in a team. We require an individual with extensive experience in a technical background who remains confident and calm when under pressure.
Key Technical Skills:
- Advanced experience of VMWare ESX Service
- Previous experience of automating Windows Server 2008
- Previous experience of automating VMWare ESX
- Working with applications such as ASP, VBScript and VBA in Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Familiar with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007
- Use of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (Moss 2007)
- Experience of Internet Information Services
- Installation, usage and problem solving of:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003
- Windows XP/Vista
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- IIS and SSL certificates.
- Windows Network Load Balancing
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)