Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
Well who's fault is that?

IMO if you make/force/encourage someone into a gagging order, not only are you saying "We have something to hide" but you also waive your right to preventing people being speculative about the situation.

I'm an advocate of free speech and I don't like this at all. It is ashame the OP felt the need to enter into such an agreement.
I am no fan of BSF (my posting history backs this up very strongly) and I'm highly skeptical of the motives of BSF MSPs, but in this case I think you may be assuming the worst of all possible cases. I would say that most commercial organisations would try to keep their financial settlements and employment disputes under wraps as much as possible, if only to avoid giving any slight advantage to their competitors.

It's sad that the information can't be out in the open, but I would assume that Deaks chose the best path available for him and this was one of the easier concessions he had to make as part of that.

When dealing with large corporations, remember that you are effectively dealing with a very wealthy psychopath:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corporation-Pathological-Pursuit-Profit-Power/dp/1845291743/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247078811&sr=8-1]The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power: Amazon.co.uk: Joel Bakan: Books[/ame]