+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational IT Jobs Thread, my first ICT Technician interview in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; The same thing happened to me at my last interview - they said it was between me and the other ...
    Thank Post
    The same thing happened to me at my last interview - they said it was between me and the other guy, but he answered his questions a bit better... They rang me back 2 days later saying he'd changed his mind so I got the job anyway! (just saying it might not be a fob!)

Thank Post
    Same with me as to what happened to DOM, less than a year later I have gone from entry to full time and running/advising on the schools web development and VLE and a nice new contract and pay rise. The boss says the other guy dropping out was a damn good thing

Stick in there, I have no formal qualies re: IT just a hobbyist interest that turned into a job when I needed work and found myself in a pc repair shop. Used that experience and built on it to get were I am now and at interview just brag, brag, brag about you you CAN do and not what you cannot do, for example I have creative background, art college, history of art degree, freelance designer and I used that for interview. I now work closely with art and media department for Adobe suites as I know how to photoshop and can edit as well as any of the teachers with the added bonus of fixing computers whilst am down in the classrooms.
    Last edited by lew_bob; 30th April 2009 at 03:32 PM.

3. 2 Thanks to lew_bob:

IT_Master (30th April 2009), mrtechsystems (18th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitbat18 View Post
    Do you think there was something dodgy going on then that they couldn't tell me? I also felt like I was being fobbed off with something that didn't quite add up. I did wonder if perhaps someone knew someone else....... (if you know what I mean)
    Nah, not necessarily dodgy, could well be just that they figure that its a nice way to say it. That way the person doesnt get too deflated and gets some kind of upbeat viewpoint out of it.

Though I think I would rather be told the exact reason why I didnt get a job, no matter how negative it might be, as to me thats more useful as feedback than trying to be nice to me.

Thank Post
    I am going for my first ICT interview and I have noted that on some posting here they are informed that they will have written exam, test etc... I didn't have any of this which worries me only to come in for an interview on weds and tour of the school.

Wondering what questions they would ask...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fintang View Post
    I am going for my first ICT interview and I have noted that on some posting here they are informed that they will have written exam, test etc... I didn't have any of this which worries me only to come in for an interview on weds and tour of the school.

Wondering what questions they would ask...
    HAve a look at other posts made on here (use the search function).

Also @ Witch. It's very rare in a school to get interviewed, by a proper interviewer. A thing I was once told by a person in HR is "interviewing is often a game senior managment like to play", so you must remember that things a trained person can ignore a player will not...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12