+ Post New Thread
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Interview advice in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Hello all, I have been unemployed since November after withdrawing from a masters course because I was repeating a lot ...

Thank Post

Interview advice

Hello all,
    I have been unemployed since November after withdrawing from a masters course because I was repeating a lot of stuff I did at undergraduate level. I have a BSc in information management from a good uni.

I have had a few interviews but havent been successful, and I found out on thursday that I have an interview to be an NHS Information Manager. I have taken a risk by accepting this interview and saying no to a temporary data entry job which was due to start on the day of the interview; the bosses at the temp job said i had to choose between the two so I did! Do you think I have made the right choice?

I'm unsure about the interview because the wage is quite high for a first proper job (I did an IT internship at a majot bank during my degree but thats all the relevant work experience I have), and also I have been for an NHS information manager interview already and got denied because of a lack of experience. What do you think my chances are? Do Managers tend to say no to graduates even if they have covered all the essential skills and desirable skills from the job spec in their degree? What do managers think of long pereiods of unemployment? I have been trying VERY HARD to find work and have prrof of this, i have also been voluneering for a charity during my unemployment.

Also, I have to do a data manipulation test in excel as part of the interview. Do you think this will be in Excell 2003 or 2007? And what kind of things do you think will come up?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!

Thank Post
    The best bit of advice I could give to you is to be yourself.

If you were turned down before but allowed back maybe they see potential, how long ago was this original one?

Have a search around on here for various tips and stuff as most of what we'll say is already said elsewhere.

More than anything, Good Luck.

Kim.

3. Thanks to kmount from:

larrson86 (20th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Hi larrson

Did you already have this interview? I am about to attend an interview for an Information Officer role in NHS. I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread