+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Axe's unemployment mystery (or misery) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Goodness me, don't be so pedantic! Of course I meant ARRANGE to have a look around the school......
    Thank Post
    Goodness me, don't be so pedantic!

Of course I meant ARRANGE to have a look around the school...

Thank Post
    ha ha ha

AXE
    Thank Post
    I'll just have to accept that despite having the skills and experience needed and despite years of hard work, thousands of applications, cash incentives for employers and help from people here, I am unemployable.

Thank Post
    cash incentives?

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    the govt will pay the new employer ~£2k from the REACT fund

AXE
    Thank Post
    Just you wait. By October it'll be £1500 for a two week work trial, £1000 for a subsequent offer, and a whopping £5000 for permanent. I have applied for many jobs in the last few weeks that should have a chance of interview. I will be naming and shaming from now on. Check here to see how much of your (the taxpayer's) money is being wasted. It's wrong! Only YOU can combat bigotry and discrimination.

Thank Post
    Excuse my ignorance but isn't this open to abuse? I mean, the employer might be better off trying new people every month and being paid handsomly?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AXE View Post
    Just you wait. By October it'll be £1500 for a two week work trial, £1000 for a subsequent offer, and a whopping £5000 for permanent. I have applied for many jobs in the last few weeks that should have a chance of interview. I will be naming and shaming from now on. Check here to see how much of your (the taxpayer's) money is being wasted. It's wrong! Only YOU can combat bigotry and discrimination.
    One second, you're throwing around accusations of bigotry and discrimination quite freely here. Several of my friends have recently lost their jobs, and I know others who have been out of work for a long time.

It seems you're very happy to throw in discrimination as a reason you haven't got jobs. Have you considered the possibility that maybe there were simply better candidates, who came across better in interview?

On top of that I can't see naming and shaming as the best way to encourage people to hire you. Its bordering on blackmail.

9. 3 Thanks to jamesb:

f21970 (6th June 2009), kevbaz (5th June 2009), mossj (5th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Why do you insist on it being discrimination, at this time there are simply hundreds of candidates for jobs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mossj View Post
    Why do you insist on it being discrimination, at this time there are simply hundreds of candidates for jobs.
    Indeed. A store to be opened in wellingborough advertising 25 posts had 1800 people apply!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What concerns me a bit is that you seem very sure that you do not have anything to learn about interview technique - I did try to ask about it as you implied that you stated up front that you have some problems and I was concerned about the way you come across - trying to help - but you ignored my post.
    As you are very sure that you ARE being discriminated against (and I am not saying you are wrong) then have you done anything about it? From my interview training I know that interviewers have to be very careful about things and it would be worth looking into it, surely? Have you had feedback from any interviews?
    Have you contacted the Disability Rights Commission to see if they can help?
    I can hear that you are VERY low and I can understand it - but we need more info if we are to try and help

13. Thanks to witch from:

AXE (10th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    the govt will pay the new employer ~£2k from the REACT fund
    is that some sort of scheme for those who've been out of work for 12months or more ?

never heard of it, is it recent.

Thank Post
    I've had exactly the same experience, that's why I have so many CVs.

I recently applied for a Network Manager position, and spent many, many hours completing the application form, cover letter, etc. Probably the most time I have ever spent on an application, since the job, and the school was perfecty suited to me and my experience. I sent off my application and two days later (before the closing date) was told that the position has been withdrawn but I am welcome to apply for a new vacancy - Senior IT Technician. I applied, but was unsuccessful (you can guess why).

Good luck with the job hunt, and let me know how it's going.
    Last edited by Grommit; 5th June 2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: did not read before replying

Thank Post
    Tell me about it. You'd think that people would be beating eachother to offer me a job.
    When there's £1500 for offering me a work trial, and a further £2000 for offering me a job.

It costs the taxpayer £1650 a month to keep me unemployed. That's over £23000 so far!
    Why don't you just take the Government benifits and go back to Uni and become a sht hot professor or something..

Thank Post
    It does sounds like your very down, but I also think you are a little paranoid. As many people have pointed out there are LOTS of people who are unemployed and jobs have hundreds of people applying for them. I know it's not nice to hear, but you aren't the only one in this position. And it may be that there are other candidates who are more suited to the job. For those jobs that you think your are guarenteed an interview, you may find that you are not in the right frame of mind to fill in the application form to the best of your ability.

I have to say that it sound like you need a break. I know its hard to do, but for the sake of your health you might want to have a rest for applying for work for a week or two. Or agreeing with Grommit here, have you tried looking at doing some courses? I realise this may not be what you want to do, but it will at least give you a distraction from applying constantly for jobs?

18. Thanks to penfold from:

AXE (10th June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast