+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Axe's unemployment mystery (or misery) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Originally Posted by dalsoth Witch, you helped him with his CV good for you. I tried to help him with ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post

Witch, you helped him with his CV good for you. I tried to help him with suggestions also. Never called you a do gooder and that remark was not meant for those who have actually tried to help him. All this sympathy and pandering does him no good though thats for sure.

Thanks for moderating my post Witch. I do not think anything i said was particularly insulting although i hope you alter some of the nasty remarks towards me too. Probably not as you clearly wish to be a social worker yourself by the looks of it.

)
    And you were doing so well until that last sentence.
    You have your opinions - fine, but why add rude remarks and insults? If your arguments are strong, you don't need them

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Axe, if you'd like any support on the "medical" side of things, i.e. informal chats about your condition, I'll be happy to offer a listening ear (well, reading your thoughts on a screen as I can't speak properly on a phone!) then feel free to drop me a PM; it's the least I can do as someone who fully understands what you're going through and has the condition myself.

The same applies for anyone else - if you'd like to know how to treat or what to do if you come across someone in this state of mind, or would just like a little information on the subject on a personal level, feel free to pm. I'm not a professional, not a doctor, just someone in the same boat that can control it and is happy to discuss it, if it would help.

I would agree in a split/new thread - after all it's clearly something which a lot of people would like to discuss, share opinions on etc.

3. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

AXE (11th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Axe, if you'd like any support on the "medical" side of things, i.e. informal chats about your condition, I'll be happy to offer a listening ear (well, reading your thoughts on a screen as I can't speak properly on a phone!) then feel free to drop me a PM; it's the least I can do as someone who fully understands what you're going through and has the condition myself.

The same applies for anyone else - if you'd like to know how to treat or what to do if you come across someone in this state of mind, or would just like a little information on the subject on a personal level, feel free to pm. I'm not a professional, not a doctor, just someone in the same boat that can control it and is happy to discuss it, if it would help.

I would agree in a split/new thread - after all it's clearly something which a lot of people would like to discuss, share opinions on etc.
    ++Rep

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    And you were doing so well until that last sentence.
    You have your opinions - fine, but why add rude remarks and insults? If your arguments are strong, you don't need them
    Witch take the insults to private message as you are boring me, that way i can ignore you. Cheers Grumbledook for the words of wisdom. Hope you get a job Axe, my words may seem harsh but i do believe what i have said.

AXE
    Thank Post
    I must say a big thank you to everyone who has supported me; I couldn't have got through the first day of my course without your kind words and support. The first day was exactly as I had expected, a real nightmare. However, Tuesday was MUCH BETTER. After some consultation with the excellent staff there, I am finally getting the kind of direct intervention I have needed for so long, and have even managed to get myself on the A+ course. And how about this for good news? I have just been offered an interview.

Thank you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AXE View Post
    I must say a big thank you to everyone who has supported me; I couldn't have got through the first day of my course without your kind words and support. The first day was exactly as I had expected, a real nightmare. However, Tuesday was MUCH BETTER. After some consultation with the excellent staff there, I am finally getting the kind of direct intervention I have needed for so long, and have even managed to get myself on the A+ course. And how about this for good news? I have just been offered an interview.

Thank you.
    Excellent m8 ! Really pleased for you.

Now try to think positive and don't dwell on the stuff that's gone before - this could just be the job for you !

8. Thanks to UKDarkstar from:

AXE (11th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,618 Posts

Thank you.
    AXE, I am absolutely delighted for you!

I am sure the course will get netter and better as everyone gets into the routine

Things are definitely picking up... A word of caution: There will be slips back, bad days... weeks even, but don't let them drag you back down.

Good luck with the interview

10. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

AXE (11th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Excellent news nice to see you starting on track again :-)

12. Thanks to mrtechsystems from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Well, all I can say is:

(and sorry, but I must have missed a few pages - what course?)

What's the interview?
    Last edited by witch; 11th November 2009 at 10:05 PM.

Thank Post

Thank you.
    Sorry for butting in but A+ N+ just home study man. get a book and read it or download some stuff from google. A+ is not difficult, you just gotta know all the facts (half of what ur never need again). Plenty of old stuff on ebay as well.

mmm good luck with the rest of your 'endeavors'

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great news, good luck fella

16. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post
    Sorry for butting in but A+ N+ just home study man. get a book and read it or download some stuff from google. A+ is not difficult, you just gotta know all the facts (half of what ur never need again). Plenty of old stuff on ebay as well.

Remember people have different learning styles and home study is not for everyone.

Well done Axes good luck and said yes will be bad days but enjoy good ones when they do come.

Russ

18. Thanks to russdev from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

TheLibrarian
    Excellent news Axe.

I wish you all the luck with the interview!

20. Thanks to TheLibrarian from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

Thank Post

Thank you.
    Axe

Good to see things are starting to work out for you. Take each day as it comes. And remember If you need to talk there are plenty of people on here willing to help you.

22. Thanks to JJonas from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post

With AXE being out of work for so long, I think it is great that he can get onto a course, if nothing more than to show that he is willing to go out and make things happen rather than sit at home.

Congrats AXE, you may find that you can make some like minded friends on the course and hopefully someting will come of the interview. Quite often it is something small which can start things off.

24. Thanks to penfold from:

AXE (12th November 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread