+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Educational IT Jobs Thread, Axe's unemployment mystery (or misery) in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; 20 a month food budget??? What are eating water and noodleS? Not good I genuinely feel for your situation. Really ...

Thank Post
    20 a month food budget???

What are eating water and noodleS?

Not good I genuinely feel for your situation. Really cant believ you cant get a job as a cleaner! U should see what some of ours are like!!!!

Do you not know anyone who would take you on for any casual work or as a trial? Feel for you, especially the idea of no heating during winter!

Thank Post
    This thread is unbelievable! Where abouts in the uk are you axe? there has to be something you are doing wrong? There is no way you cant get a job from all that you have applied for? Maybe post your cv and see what people think? There is a job out there somewhere just keep going mate!

Just went on to the gloucestershire council website. there is 12 teaching assistant jobs? Get in as a TA then show them you have IT skills... employment would be low paid but you could work your way up through TA, Techician, Network Manager? Just an Idea but that is basically how I got to where I am.... Even if it is only part time or low hours you should spend a big chunck of time on the app. Also I suggest scrapping your pre-made application and tweaking it? Each job is different, treat it that way.
    Last edited by neon; 8th October 2009 at 09:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Hi axe, just wondering if you have forwarded a completed application form, along with the pack (job desc, personal spec, etc) to someone that has offered to help with that sort of thing (witch?). Maybe they can find out what boxes your not ticking or if your coming of in a bad way.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you'd like any advice regarding debt let me know, I'd be happy to help out, having declared bankruptcy (and discharged this May) due to huge debt issues and did all the legwork myself. Just in the few years leading up to that became a bit of an unwilling expert in telling banks and other creditors to grow up and go away whenever they tried, as you put it "charging you even more to help you".

Keep your chin up.

5. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

AXE (9th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Where abouts in gloucestershrie are you AXE? I'm in the region myself, i can't offer much but i can offer to keep an eye out for jobs in the area if it's any help ( i guess after all this time it would be silly to ask if you have used glosjobs website)

7. Thanks to mrbios from:

AXE (13th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Are you actually for real!

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    BBC news this morning had a story about people with aspergers trying to find jobs with no luck, might be time to contact the media whilst it's still a story.

10. Thanks to Midget from:

synaesthesia (13th October 2009)

Thank Post
    I saw that and thought the same! I cant believe how many jobs you have applied for and nothing given to you at all...

Thank Post
    Edit: Unfunny reference to the Nasa hacker.
    Last edited by AyatollahPies; 13th October 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nail on the head with the article this morning but the trouble is, aspergers can often bring with it a pessimism leading to "no, it's impossible to get a job".

Get a foot in the door, prove yourself and you'll soon find Aspergers can be an ability more than a disability. Of course that differs between people but certainly a majority of the cases.

Thank Post
    I'm sorry - but things just don't add up here.

just look at the claimed figures - 36915 jobs applied for and unemployed for 30 months. Do you realise that means 39 job applicications per day - 7 days a week. That is quite frankly UNBELIEVABLE.

Thank Post
    When my partner was out of work she was applying for 15-30 a day, 6 days a week... this went on for nearly 3 months. It is possible & unfortunately it is the same situation for alot of people.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post
    Are you actually for real!

I have to admit to not having followed this thread (I got bored... ) but am finding myself wondering if the tale is genuine. Apologies to 'Axe' if indeed your plight is for real, but I can't help wondering if it started off as such, but has since turned into a bit of a wind up, for what gain I know not; amusement maybe?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2online View Post
    I have to admit to not having followed this thread (I got bored... ) but am finding myself wondering if the tale is genuine. Apologies to 'Axe' if indeed your plight is for real, but I can't help wondering if it started off as such, but has since turned into a bit of a wind up, for what gain I know not; amusement maybe?
    I have deleted a few posts in the past i was going to put on here because i think it would have sounded too harsh and there are too many softies on the forums that would moan too much. Truth is i do not believe Axe can actually be qualified for half the IT jobs he applies for if he is hitting that many off every day. I have been looking for alternate positions for a year and i am looking for anything network manager or below. I find a few a week, most too low pay, even the ones i apply for i get hardly any feedback as i was told once that nearly 200 people applied for the same job.

Advice has been offered on here and i do not know if the help offered with CV's and things have been taken up but something is not right.

I suspect that the number of jobs applied for is an exaggeration and perhaps many of them would have been unsuitable as the skills requested would not match those on offer. Apologies if this sounds harsh but it is just my observation on a thread that i just think is milking attention.

If someone wanted a job badly they would go down McDonalds. Yeah bills may need to be paid but everyone has bills and problems. I would not moan about jobs in many threads if i was in this situation as i have been in the past. I would get ANY job then try to get the job i WANTED later. Even a couple of low paid jobs.

I know a few people recently come back to my area and back from being abroad who are now working and temping while looking for permanent work. How they succeed and Axe fails every time 40k times over makes me think something is not right.

Anyways if you want to flame me for being insensitive please leave negative feedback. Just my opinion.

Thank Post
    while I think Axe is real- I have to admit something here dosnt seem right??

I mean how many chavy 16 yr olds do u see who can barly string a sentence together (probally with a criminal record to match) in low brow jobs??

If u want a job that badly and will take anything u will get one - simple as.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread